Friday, July 7, 2017

Friday Faves

Happy Friday! I'm so excited for this weekend, we're taking the girls to the beach for the first time! I can't believe we've never taken them before! We're heading down to San Diego with friends and Eleanor is over the moon about it. There's so much to pack though! Have you seen that little video about the beach before and after kids? That's totally true. I remember in high school, you'd head to the beach with a towel, tanning oil, and maybe a blanket.

This week is filled with some of my favorite favorites! I'm in love with every thing in this post (well, every Friday Faves post is favorites, that's why I include them here). I just picked up a few things this past week (tops, hair stuff, and beauty items) and I'm going to test them out before posting them, but if they're winners I'll be sharing them in the next few weeks on my Friday Faves posts. Do you prefer a theme of faves or just whatever is good at that time?


IMG_1870



The Handmaid’s Tale
Have you watched this yet on Hulu? I’m obsessed! I just finished the first season this week and I don’t know how I’m going to wait an entire year for season 2. I’ve requested the book from the library and I’m on the waitlist for it- can’t wait to read it. From what I’ve read about the show, the first season follows the book pretty accurately and the second season will be just from the writers and producers of the show. The author of the book had a big hand in the first season, so I would assume she would in the second. There is also a lot of talk about the second season showing Gilead from other character’s points of view and I would love to see that!


IMG_9341IMG_0928

Chambray Top & Tassel Earrings
Tassels are everywhere this season and when I saw these beauties pop up on Jane (a daily deal site), I snagged them right away! They are so fun and cute and add a bright pop of color. They’re also available directly from the shop as well on Etsy! I saw this chambray collared top once on Jane and added it to my cart, but didn’t pull the trigger. When I saw that it was coming back, I knew I had to get it! It fits true to size, is well made, and I love the shape! I think it will be perfect in the fall with black jeans, booties, and a hat. It fits over my bump, but I can’t wait to wear it post-baby!


IMG_1137

Palm Train Case
In my Mother’s Day Gift Idea post, I included this makeup bag and my sisters-in-laws surprised me with it, the matching travel bag, and some other goodies for my birthday. I absolutely love it! It’s larger than anything I’ve used previously and fits EVERYTHING! It was awesome to use on our trip last week too, I loved being able to add some beauty extras and keeping them altogether.


IMG_1320IMG_1317IMG_1318IMG_1319IMG_1322

The Silver Loft 
I know you guys have probably seen these bracelets all over my Instagram and my IG stories, but I have to include them in my Friday Faves post because I haven’t taken them off! I absolutely love them and they make such a pretty stack. Everywhere I go, I always get asked about them and receive so many compliments. The Silver Loft sent me their boy, girl, and bushel and a peck bangles and they could not be any more perfect for me! I love having jewelry pieces that represent something or are for a special event and these are all close to my heart. I have one for my girls, one for our son (Ellie always says how the girl charm is her and sissy and the boy is for baby brother- she loves the charms!), and the bushel bangle is a song my grandmother always sang to me and I sing to all my babies. It’s the perfect representation of our family and make such a cute accessory! Thank you Silver Loft for the bracelets, they are so cute!


IMG_1321IMG_1869

Pretty Pastels 
Recently, Sally Hansen sent me several nail polishes- all pinks and one gorgeous lilac. I tried out one of the pale pink colors with their gel top coat and it’s been an entire week and I don’t have a single chip! It’s such a pretty pale pink color too, I love it for the season. They also sent me their Argan Oil Therapy collection and top coat which I’m going to try next.

Hope you're all having a great week and enjoy your weekend!

No comments :