Thursday, August 11, 2016

Quick & Easy Toddler Snacks




 photo E5161C36-47F8-485C-99DF-D4FBA2B3008E_zps5ju6h4jv.jpg


Eleanor has always been a great eater, and I’m so thankful for that. Of course, she’s gone through spurts of being picky or eating a plain peanut butter sandwich for weeks at a time, but having her eat healthy has never been a challenge. Thinking of different meals and options for her has sometimes been tough, but I thought I’d share our favorites and go-to snacks, on the go treats, and what I pack for trips and playdates.

 photo C922D55E-B667-423E-952F-4505B3E989C1_zps6yrduzoh.jpg photo EA9C6B10-B0F1-4C1B-BADA-B65E3D3BBEC1_zpsxdvtzlig.jpg

-Veggies
Ellie loves frozen sweet peas and they were perfect for her when she was teething too. She also loves carrots, broccoli, and cucumbers.

-Fruit
Her favorites are grapes and strawberries, but she also loves figs, blueberries, watermelon, plum, and apples.

-Savory Snacks
We love to have something else with our lunches or snacks that add a different texture than fruits or veggies. I make sure to always give her an extra item like veggie straws, string cheese, popcorn puffs, graham crackers, pretzels, or our new favorite Larabar Bars and Bites.

 photo 3B6F1DBD-DD16-4F39-BBA3-A17EE391F5DB_zpshzh2sadv.jpg photo 31FC2214-3896-43F7-A6F4-5741628DE72B_zps1i0wbggf.jpg

We don’t eat totally healthy all the time, there’s plenty of drive-thru chicken nuggets in our diets, but I really try to have healthy food available for ingredients and snacks for our family. It’s really important to me to teach my girls to eat healthy and pay attention to what they’re putting in their bodies. We can see a difference in how we feel and even our behavior (hello sugar crash) when we focus on eating good, natural foods that isn’t high in sugar, sodium, or has been heavily processed. That’s one reason why I’m so happy to have found Larabar at Sam’s Club. They’re delicious, easy to grab for a quick bite, and have simple natural ingredients (that I can read and pronounce). We enjoy both their bars (the apple pie is my favorite!) and the bites, and because they’re food made from real food, I never feel guilty about having them or giving them to our family. Larabar is gluten free, vegan friendly, and dairy free which makes for a great snack to have on hand in case any of our guests have allergies. My nephew is on a gluten free diet and we make sure to always have items on hand for him to eat when he comes by, and these are perfect for him! We just have a hard time keeping them on the shelves since we love them!

What are your favorite toddler snacks?

18 comments :

Unknown said...

Lara Bars are my favorite! I need to start packing them in Henry's lunch too!

Unknown said...

Looks like very healthy snacks, good job!

Unknown said...

These are great!! I love giving healthy options to my kids for snacks!

Sumer said...

Lara Bars are awesome! Love having healthy snack options when we are on the go (which is a lot)!

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to try Lara Bars for my little! I personally don't like them (and that makes me sad because they look so good) but maybe she will! The bites look delicious!
We've been on a more unhealthy snack kick lately and I definitely need to get more fruits and veggies in there!

Shann Eva said...

Awesome! I love Larabars. I didn't know they had them at Sam's Club...that's awesome! I've been wanting to try the bites too.

Unknown said...

Yes! I try to do a good mix of fruits and veggies and some carbs. I often resort to Cheerios because they are SO EASY!

fromthedaughter said...

I'll have to try the lara bars. I have a toddler who will eat anything in a package. So if it's healthy I'll try it!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm saving ours for our road trip next week! Definitely an easy, healthy choice!

amberstarr82 said...

I love larabar! I'll have to check these out!

The Littlest Funk blog said...

Yum! Those sound good! We love to snack! I'm lucky my girls love fruit and veggies!

Enchanting Special Events said...

I love quick easy toddler snacks!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love Larabars!

Krista Mae said...

I love Larabars!! I've never seen the bites before, though! They look delicious!

Susannah said...

I love larabars so these bites are right up my alley! <3

Unknown said...

I love Larabars! I used to like heating up the brownie one in the microwave and adding a little dollop of peanut butter to the top as a night time sweet treat. I'll have to look into the "bites"!

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this, always looking for snack ideas for both me AND the kids! Love Larabars!

Unknown said...

I LOVE Larabars!!