Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Product Review: Sapphire 8-in-1 Curling Wand

 photo F291D4FE-5C1D-4FFE-BEA5-7E5571759FC1_zpsbhnbuult.jpg

My signature look has to be curls, I wear them every single day and would die if I didn't have a curling iron. Yep, die. I rarely wear my hair in any other fashion and can curl my hair in just a few minutes. When Irresistible Me reached out to me for a collaboration, I had to try the Sapphire 8-in-1 Curling Wand. So many people swear by wands, but I've never really tried one and to be honest I didn't know if it would really make a difference in my curls. I felt like my hair would curl the same as using a curling iron and jumped at the chance to give it a whirl.

 photo 330C3D13-2739-466C-ABE7-245DEE2F2F9C_zpslc6hqnr0.jpg photo 820C6CFF-C421-4E55-AC8C-3BB0B30F6B94_zpsr11ntsqi.jpg

The curling iron comes with 8 different ceramic, tourmaline infused, interchangeable barrels: 13mm, 19mm, 25mm, 32mm, 18/9mm, 25/13mm, 13/25mm and pearl. Each curler features cool tips, heats up quickly (within 20 seconds), and they're all packed in a nice travel bag. I've had a lot of fun playing around with the different wands and have found the 25mm to be my favorites.

 photo FFE3BD27-7001-40E5-B72D-407DBBB4B18D_zpssshrbeem.jpg

A few things I was skeptical of in trading my curling iron for a wand was thinking that without using a clip, my curls wouldn't last as long. Wrong. My curls lasted just as long and the waves looked even beachier the next day. On day three, I curled just a few pieces around my crown and was on my way. I also didn't think there would be much difference between a wand and a regular curling iron, but a wand is longer and without the clip, it gives you more space for maneuvering.

 photo 6500D238-E555-420E-BE84-B701C30390DB_zps96zdtgam.jpg photo 19A3A0E5-3D5B-4FDB-883E-DD9FEA80318E_zpsvkwidxz9.jpg photo F8572EAB-74AF-4758-BF55-8480CF6C6B6F_zpsgt1lhyqa.jpg

A few tricks I've learned to help make beachy waves and curls, thanks to many of you on my Instagram post, is to:

- Curl hair away from your face (it's flattering on all face shapes)
- For beach waves, leave the last 1-3 inches out from wrapping around the wand, focusing only on the middle section of your hair
- When you're first using the wand, use the glove! It took me a few tries to get the hang of it and didn't want burn myself and now I prefer to not use it.
- Vary the amount of hair you curl at a time (1-3 inch sections)
- Point the tip of the wand down while wrapping sections of hair
- Take the time to curl your hair well the first day and enjoy loose waves the next day

Overall, I LOVE using the curling wand! I haven't traded in my curling iron for it exclusively, but I've been using the wand about 60% of the time now. With a little practice it takes me only a few minutes longer than using a curling iron now. I've really enjoyed the beachy and relaxed waves and my favorite is day 2 of curls. It's just perfect!

What type of curling iron do you use? What tips do you have for perfect curls or waves?

3 comments :

Courtney @ Shiraz In My Sippy Cup said...

I've always wanted to try a wand but I'm so clumsy all I picture is me burning my hands lol. Your hair is beautiful!

nellwyn said...

Looks beautiful! I've been debating whether or not to invest in a curling wand so this is helpful info!

Nellwyn | www.thecardinalpress.com

Cara (Kindly Unspoken) said...

First off, you're gorgeous, and second this looks like an amazing product! Beautiful beach waves! :)