Friday, September 4, 2015

Recent OOTD + Purchases

Getting out of the house can be quite the struggle now a days, it takes lots of planning and prep and an extra 30 minutes more than it should. Being home on leave, whether I have someone here to help or not, I try and get out of the house every day for our sanity. I'm hoping to make a better schedule/routine in the coming weeks for us- splash pad, park, library, errands, quiet time, etc. What are some of your favorite activities for your family that you do? What schedules work for you? Please share!

One thing I do each day is get ready, even if it is just to get a gallon of milk, and then right back to yoga pants (if I'm even wearing pants in this heat). It just makes me feel better to be somewhat put together and it helps Ellie get ready too, otherwise she lives in jammies or naked with her wild hair all over the place.


 photo 7ED3F680-7D07-440C-B777-4493547F6E52_zpsbyjqkaeu.jpg
Top (on sale for $10!) // Jeans (non-maternity here) // Nursing Tank

I wore this out to the splash pad, I absolutely love this top and wish I had bought it in more colors and definitely snagging the white. It's so easy to wear and a great length in the front and back, it will look super cute tucked into a skirt for work.

 photo FC129EE1-CBFE-42E3-BD07-6DCD2354466D_zpshczsu6uf.jpg
Top //  Jeans (non-maternity here) // Nursing Tank // Purse

While Matt was still on paternity leave, I got together with some girlfriends and our little babies for some lunch and a Target run. It was so fun to get together and out of the house. I love that so many of my friends are also having kids and our children can grow up together. It's nice to bounce off ideas on each other, baby products, and little parenting tricks to get us through the tough times. 


 photo 635F5B0D-04FA-4A92-A44D-B56730F2BCE6_zpssc2jg4mq.jpg
Purse // Dress (Target, not online similar here and here) // Polish

I scored this dress from Target a few days before Emma's arrival and absolutely love it, it's super comfortable and really easy to nurse in. It's so hard to find dresses that are nursing friendly! I tried to find it on their website, but couldn't find it anywhere! I've seen it in stores still though. The tote bag is also sold out online, but I've seen it recently on sale in store at Old Navy.

 photo B94C43B9-71E4-47F5-9545-CA68E411E28C_zpspd2ekzxj.jpg 
Top (Bought in April from TJ Maxx) // Shorts (old, similar here)

Both of these items are a bit old, but I'm so happy I was able to wear them both pregnant and post-pregnancy. I bought the shorts two sizes larger after having Ellie, I needed them in a larger size with my postpartum body and also I didn't want anything tight around my stomach after my c-section. 



 photo A57379BF-D61E-46EB-8B86-BA74F57F2A8C_zps7j1mmaou.jpg

Since high school, I've always used two mascaras on my lashes- one for length and another for thickness. I've been using their Rocket mascara with my trusted L'Oreal one for a while now, it's a great combo and I really like how they work together. This Colossal mascara is amazing! It gives so much mascara in just one swipe and the brush is tilted at the end with makes it great for bottom lashes and to get the tips of your top. Since using this mascara, I haven't even needed a second mascara it does everything. Hurry up and run to try it for yourself! It's really good.

 photo 08AA43AE-39D0-4018-BBD3-51183CF0129A_zps9plcpwxr.jpg

Last week, my aunt was in town visiting and we had to do a little bit of shopping. On a stop at Old Navy, I picked up this hat and I can't wait to wear it. I went back and forth about getting it, even though it's a great price ($20), because I wasn't sure how much wear I could get out of it since I can't wear it to work. We both love hats and talked about our purchase regrets when we saw a hat and didn't buy it and how we should wear hats more often because they're so chic. On our way out from our shopping trip I picked up this MAC Lickable lipstick. It's so pretty and will be really easy to wear with everything and is super versatile. It will transition perfectly into fall and winter and then right back into spring and summer next year! I love, love, love it! Another great pick from my aunt! Thanks Kim!


 photo a6628e80-b68a-44b1-b1d8-118b722eafc0_zpsvgc147gz.jpg

Ellie picked out these shoes on a shopping trip, aren't they so cute! We found several pair in her size in different colors and she picked these ones. I love them on her!

 photo C1B9889E-1A02-4313-BAC1-217A94DCDC8F_zpslzo4mynu.jpg

On a sweet note, have you tried these Oreo thins yet? They are amazing and so delicious! Our box lasted only a few days and then I was back to the store for a second pack.

Have a happy Friday! Enjoy the long weekend!

1 comment :

palmandpineblog said...

Love these recent OOTDs. It's been fun following your journey. Congrats on all the excitement these last couple of weeks :)

Have a great holiday weekend :)

xo, tasha
twenty-something blog