Monday, June 22, 2015

Hot Dog! Our Disneyland Trip

Last week we took Ellie to Disneyland for a belated birthday celebration. Matt had some vacation days and we took advantage of being able to go during the week when it's a bit slower. We had so much fun and I can't wait to take her again. It was a really relaxing day and we thoroughly enjoyed all the magic!

We didn't get to see every sight or ride every ride or park hop, we just focused on what Ellie wanted to do and the wait times for each ride. She did really good in line, I was pretty surprised and happy! The longest wait was to see Minnie Mouse and we were able to keep her distracted pretty well before entering her home and letting Ellie explore. Minnie and Mickey were the only characters we visited and took pictures with, she's pretty shy sometimes, but liked Minnie. She gave Mickey the evil eye and wouldn't even get near him or give him a high five. Yet, when we were doing our souveneir shopping, all she wanted was a Micky Mouse stuffed doll which she's slept with every night since. Go figure.

She loved the rides - the carousel, It's A Small World, Jungle Cruise, Dumbo, the train, and the Fantasmic Show, I'm not sure which was her favorite though. We were there for only a few hours and left around bedtime, but she had so much fun.We took a million pictures, but I won't bore you with all of them, just like 10 (unedited because I'm pregnant and lazy right now).

 photo 081BC3BF-1745-46D9-9737-35F22F048E3A_zpss0cuamei.jpg photo F8DB2E61-0D5D-4AB5-A830-1EE01746EB71_zps10uhoz87.jpg photo CE046EF4-E8D4-4E1B-B585-4CD712E4B859_zps6sqolvlo.jpg photo BB606BCD-FDB9-4F1D-9038-DDB5784F835A_zpsznznaymk.jpg photo 8DBFCD06-97AB-4ECC-9C72-7E34FC4BDBB0_zpsenn2tggo.jpg photo 0F45B88D-2181-40B2-B5E3-F01A997234DE_zpsd7syavjo.jpg photo B6BFE135-652B-49A7-92F3-126E6CBED179_zpsqvrsdzr6.jpg

We loved watching her face and seeing the magic through her eyes. She absolutely lit up and laughed so much throughout the day. It was a wonderful time and a day I'll never forget! I'm so thankful we were able to on such a beautiful day and spend some extra time with her doing something special before baby sister arrives.

4 comments :

Rachel Steck said...

How fun! I've been to Walt Disney World several times but I've never been to Disneyland. I'm glad you had such a great day and that last picture is adorable!!
xoxo
Rachel

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

What a fun trip! I've never been to Disney Land since Disney World is right in my "backyard", and I've been wanting to go check it out as I'm a lover of all things Disney. Loving all the pics of your growing little family, and you look fabulous mama :-D

Carolyn said...

What a fun day!!! :) Such an adorable family! I love the pic of her side-eyeing Mickey!! Too funny! "you stay over there Mr. Mouse Man!"

Kristin said...

Could your family be any cuter?! I am so jealous that a day trip to Disney is possible for you!!! I am a Disney SPAZ and literally ask Jason all.the.time when we can make the trip and take Kenley. What a fun way to celebrate E's b-day and spend time as a family! :)