Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Baby 2 Bumpdate: Week 31

 photo AC21093D-8638-4054-B77A-6FF34A01A3CC_zpsayvee0yh.jpg
30 Weeks 6 Days

This past week has been a whirlwind. Saturday after Ellie's swim class we did some shopping and afterwards I felt really off and a bit nauseated, but I thought it might be carsickness because it went away quickly. I still felt off the rest of the day, but not terrible. We had friends and family over that night and after we had dinner I felt awful. I felt like I needed to throw up, I had heart burn (a first for this pregnancy), and was just really uncomfortable. I finally threw up and felt better and thought that would be it. However, I woke up Sunday just down for the count. My friend was having a BabyQ and we had family pictures planned and I had to cancel on both. I rested all day and was just never really feeling all that great, my body ached and felt like the flu, but I didn't have any other symptoms. That night I was drenched in sweat and had to sleep with a towel, it was as if I had a fever that finally broke. Thankfully, in the morning I felt great! Like nothing had even happened and it must have been just a 24 hour bug. I had a doctor appointment yesterday and everything was great, so it wasn't pregnancy related and the baby is measuring on schedule and is healthy.


 photo 8C334191-2F8E-4828-B07A-EC7F28CC1F0C_zpsfaktft0a.jpg
(both non-maternity in my regular size) 

-So far I've gained 12 pounds, so right on track with where I was with Ellie. Which means I'll be gaining about 13 more pounds in the next 8 weeks. Bring on the goods!

-At my next appointment, the doctor will be scheduling my c-section so we'll have an official birth day instead of a 3 day range.

-For clothes, I'm wearing the few maternity items I have and any long tops I own. For my regular shirts, I have maybe another two weeks before they'll be too short to wear. I've also been living in palazzo pants (I own two pairs), they are so comfortable and easy to wear. Perfect for pregnancy and afterwards.

-I've been sleeping really well and I totally contribute it to having a new mattress with great support. I'm still sleeping with a pillow between my knees to ankles and that helps if I'm having any hip pains.

-One thing I've dreaded with this pregnancy is the heat. I barely made it to the end of May with Eleanor and I'm not looking forward to two more months of summer heat. Our weather has been pretty mild, but we're having a heat wave this week and I want to die. I have the AC cranked and the fan going and I'm barely comfortable. I can't imagine if I had to do this with the heat and humidity together.

 photo AF32E8DD-A1C7-492A-9E8C-52ABEEBE5562_zpstwxed9c1.jpg

The sweet girls behind Willow Crowns, Megan and Stephanie sent over this set of the cutest headbands that our little girl will be wearing all.the.time. I'm a mom that slaps a bow on a baby girl the minute we're in our room and our luggage is at my fingertips. I'm already planning outfits around these headbands and our newborn shots with the beautiful leaf one at the top. I love that this set has all their top bands at different sizes- it's the perfect set and makes a great gift! Thank you so much ladies!!

Hope you're having a great week, thank you for reading and following along!

1 comment :

Unknown said...

You look great!! Glad you're feeling better!! Xo