Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My Mani Secrets

 photo 9a7cfd3b-3e5e-40bd-9b34-0d050d2bb776_zpsf81a1240.jpg

Nail polish is kinda my thing, I love it and can't have enough! Every Target run I check out all the polishes to see if there's a color I just have to have. It's an easy to change and a quick way to try different trends (yes, I'm a broken record with that). Since I've been giving myself a mani at home almost weekly for years, I've picked up a few tips and tricks.

I always get a question or two about how I get a good mani at home. Here are the products I swear by!

 photo bd91041b-222c-44b1-9dfc-d5f930e20b85_zps3dda3256.jpg


Aquaphor is perfect for dry, cracked skin and softening cuticles. I put some on and use the cuticle pusher to make them pretty. If I need some extra help I'll use the cuticle remover and scissors, but I do try to use the scissors sparingly. After lots of painful nicks I've learned to not force it and just to clip the dry skin that's easy to get.

For the final touch, I swear by Seche Vite top coat for a quick dry and brilliant shine. Plus, I love the texture it gives my nails, almost like a gel! I use it for every mani/pedi, no matter how many coats you have to use, it only takes 10 minutes to dry. If after a few days my nails need some extra shine and my cuticles are looking ho hum I"ll dip a cotton ball into some baby oil to shine them right up.

What are your favorite mani tips?

3 comments :

Deborah said...

Good tips. My biggest tip is to rub cuticle oil intro your nails every day, and to always use lotion on your hands after you wash them. It keeps them looking great, polished or not!

Kristen said...

Thanks for the tip! What oil do you use?

Carolyn said...

I'm obsessed with that top coat!! :) I need to get better at doing more than just painting though!!