Thursday, July 10, 2014

Work OOTDs

This week has been so great! Last Thursday I moved all of mine and Ellie's stuff to our home where we are finally living full time! It's been amazing to wake up and go to sleep every night here and see Matt everyday. Ellie sleeps so much better too and is so happy. Our night routine is better, the last few nights at bedtime I ask her if she's ready to go to bed and she says "ya" and then we get her dolly, her paci, give kisses and she goes right down. It's so cute! She's also learned where her bellybutton is and points to it when asked. We are trying to teach her where her ears are now, but she keeps pointing to her bellybutton, ha ha! Sometimes she'll get it and point to each one individually when asked, but we're still working on it.

On Monday, I started my new position closer to home and I've really enjoyed it. It's a lot of training and I can't wait to be done and dive in fully. I'm still with the same company, but my new position is a whole new ballgame and a completely different environment than my previous one. It's a lot of fun and I look forward to the new role.

 photo B0E8B7D5-7660-4F50-A17E-25EBDE70FB1E_zpsdorbnbee.jpg photo 5BA8A761-A9DD-4A3C-92AF-9C92A32141F4_zpsrucvwedx.jpg
DRESS: Old Navy (Similar here) CARDIGAN: Old Navy HEELS: Nine West Flax Pumps
NECKLACE: Nordstrom (super old, similar here)


 photo 6222A632-17B9-4340-91BB-B488428F6929_zpspxkcxs8t.jpg photo FA4ACEE1-D142-4586-8DC0-E30F8CCB1D49_zpsuhxedtzl.jpg
TOP: Old Navy SKIRT: Forever 21 (old, similar here) SHOES: Nordstrom Rack (I hate this color, it's very yellow, I plan on getting the Nine West Flax Pumps I'm wearing above in the nude)

I've really enjoyed dressing up this week for work, it's been a nice switch these last few days. I still need to build up my wardrobe with business clothes, I'll just add things over time. I have a lot of blouses, but I need to get more heels, skirts, and dress pants. I definitely want to still wear a lot of color and not just black/gray all the time. It keeps life fun.

Hope you guys are having a great week!

8 comments :

Rachel Steck said...

Hurray for being home and settled! I'm glad your new job is going well and your work outfits are fantastic!
xoxo
Rachel

Renee said...

Love your work outfits, especially the color combination of the last one!

Melissa {Persnickety Plates} said...

I love the black & gray look. & Ellie looking up at you in the last pic is adorbs.

Meg O. said...

Love our work outfits!! Glad this week has been going well for you and the new job is treating you well!!

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

Your outfits look great, and I'm glad the transition to "home" has been good for you! :)

Wendy said...

Thanks for sharing some work outfits! I've been eying the Nine West Flax for awhile now, I think they would look great with skinny jeans in the fall as well. I was a little worried about the comfort on my wide-ish feet, though. How do they fit?

xoxo
Wendy

Carolyn said...

Love both of those outfits! :) And yay for the house! I need more Ellie pics please. :)

eliz said...

Heehee I like how Ellie is there...watching her mommy look pretty! So cute! <3