Thursday, May 9, 2013

Bumpdate Week 36

 photo D1EF3040-01C0-46F1-BBCD-E543B72F4511-1876-000000F7D57943B8_zpsa43ec711.jpg 
Only 5 weeks until I'm done! Even though if I have the C-section it will really only be 3 weeks!

How far along?  35 weeks! (Each bumpdate reviews the week previous) Matt and I keep repeating over and over again how at the end of the month we'll be parents! It's so exciting, scary, thrilling, and a million other words.

Total weight gain: 21lbs and I have an appointment next Wednesday so I'll know if I've gained anymore. Right now I would estimate another 3 lbs.

Stretch marks?: Besides Stretch Mark Gate (read about it here  in Week 28) I haven't had any more pop up and the few I have on the underside of my chest have not grown or gotten worse.  I've started using Body Spa Cell.U.Lift Firming Body Lotion every morning after my shower and starting using the  Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter each night before bed (when I remember). The Body Spa Cell.U.Lift is a miracle worker!! I swear by it 100% and will definitely be doing a review in the next few weeks. 

Maternity clothes:Each week I have less clothing to wear. There's some tops that still fit, but I don't want to wear them in fear of stretching them too much and not be able to wear them afterwards. My clothes are on repeat, all four outfits. LOL.

I'm still wearing my Old Navy Maternity Smooth-Panel Rockstar Jeggings  I love these pants, they're all I wear and I'm so happy I bought multiple pairs! 

Belly Button in or out?: Half and half right now, the top has been out for a while but I had a huge growth spurt Thursday night and my belly button is halfway out now. It looks so weird! I don’t think it will be out that far, but you never know.
 photo 111214702_400x400_zps32a3b9c4.jpg
My new best friend at night

Sleep: Blech. Some nights are good and others are the worst. I had acid reflux for the first time last week and woke up after a few hours of sleeping nearly throwing up. Gross right? If I only shared what I was dreaming about when it happened, it was hilarious timing. I've had it one other night from the first night, but it just kept coming back. I think she's just so high up I feel like she's forcing everything back up instead of down.

Best moment this week:My in-laws threw me the cutest shower! It was so much fun and I loved all the details and seeing everyone who came and celebrated. I'll be doing a post next week with all the details! I can't wait to share it with you guys! I'm so blessed to have such an amazing family and friends and to be able to celebrate our little bunny twice!

Worst moment this week: The acid reflux. Sucks! I know there's an old wive's tale about heartburn and hair, but I'm planning on our baby being bald. I didn't have any hair for years, but if she's born with some curls I'll love it!

Have you told family and friends: Yes!

 photo 27EA9B7D-50AE-41F9-BB4A-EA406699D705-1876-000000F7DFB55369_zpsb31b3edd.jpg
The headbands I ordered from Groopdealz came in! So cute! 

Miss Anything? Sleeping through the night, especially knowing that I'll never have a full night's sleep again. 

Movement: Still tons of movement! She loves to dance and groove at night, my belly looks like an ocean.

Food cravings: Flavored water, I've been putting sliced strawberries in my water almost everyday and it's delicious! Plus, water + strawberries + lemon = strawberry lemonade without all the calories. Yummy!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing.

Have you started to show yet: Absolutely!

Gender: Team pink!

 photo 54FE53A3-3D3F-4AB5-8CBD-AD4799FB7220-1876-000000F7EB7481F0_zpsb55dde3f.jpg
This is from a Daddy blog Message with a Bottle and this post-it totally cracked me up, so true!

Symptoms: Swollen feet/hands, acid reflux, hip pain, and leg cramps. No big deal right?

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Although I do feel like an arthritic grandma most days.

What I'm reading: I'm still reading The Happiest Baby on the Block and I also picked up Breastfeeding Made Simple- a suggestion from Meg of Meg. O on the Go

Looking forward to: Our appointment to see our little girl and a babymoon/anniversary vacation next week!

11 comments :

Kate said...

Oh my - I feel you to know end! My heart burn has increased tenfold and it burns like a mother effer. Ugh! That is SO exciting that you're going to have a May baby! Try to enjoy these last few weeks with your little one inside you... Can't wait to see if she has hair or not :)

Leslie said...

Ugh totally understand about the reflux. I have had terrible heartburn/reflux since WEEK 6!! So my doctor put me on a prescription for it....but I still have to take Tums all the time!

Anonymous said...

Hoping the heartburn and acid reflux gets better for you, good news is your almost done! I'm also reading the happiest baby on the block, only 30 some pages into it and not sure if I like it yet.

Lindsay
LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

Katie Did What said...

Awww so exciting that you're going on a vacationnn next week! That'll be such a nice time to relax and enjoy your togetherness before baby arrives! :) :)

xo

Jessica said...

I am so excited for you Kristen!! You are getting so close. I get acid reflux SO BAD when I'm pregnant. I had mine right as soon as I ate something in the morning, but if yours is only at night you may be able to get away to propping yourself up on some pillows and eating tums. You may also try some zantac or pepcid ac if it gets any worse and the mother of all of them is prevacid, one dose in the morning and you're good all day! Anyway, love you, good luck!!

Schnelle said...

How fun- a baby moon vaca & you get to celebrate your anniversary too! You're so right about the sleep thing, try to get it all in now;)

palmandpineblog said...

Awww.... love the headbands!

xo, tasha
twenty-something blog

palmandpineblog said...

Awww.... love the headbands!

xo, tasha
twenty-something blog

Frances said...

I can't believe you're so close already! Seems like yesterday that you announced it! AHHH I'm SO excited for you :)

Maria DaintyandDecadent said...

I'm at 30 weeks now but have been having acid reflux since the beginning and it's awful. Although I finally had to start taking medication for it, I find that drinking chocolate milk really helps. It sounds odd and the last thing I would want is food while feeling icky but the milk helps with the burning sensation as well.
Those little headbands are so cute!

Carolyn said...

OMG! I totally just LOLed at the fraternity picture! SO FUNNY!