Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Recent Purchases + Updates

 photo C03AF1D7-C2C4-4263-99B3-CD77FF7F5796-2386-0000010421D9BDEF_zps3abb9eb8.jpg
We got a sneak peek of our Maternity photos this weekend and I absolutely love them! I'll be doing a full post and sharing more pictures later this week! 

First, I just want to thank all of you so much for your comments, Facebook messages, and emails from my Bumpdate Week 33!! I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate your support. I've been emailing a few girls about having a C-section and breech babies and it has really settled my nerves so much.  Your honesty and openness has done a world of difference in making me feel apprehensive and afraid to confident and learning more about both from real experience and not a scary Google search so I can talk with my Dr. about my options. I'll go further into it on this week's Bumpdate about my questions and such.

 photo F1769687-E60D-415B-AD87-A85DE6F8A3AF-2386-00000102FF1ADAEC_zps3e6068b1.jpg
One of my closest friends (and grand big sis in the sorority) had her little man this weekend and some of the girls went together to visit their family. He is so perfect and such an adorable baby. You think he looks like one parent and then he'll make a face and look identical to the other. I'm so happy for them, they're going to be such wonderful parents and it's been such a blessing being pregnant together. Congrats again!!
 photo 7a460f83554c6b8e6d597e04b1dac29d_zps923beec3.jpg
In the picture, I'm wearing this Mossimo Boyfriend Tee in Moxie Peach (I think it's more of a neon coral than peach) from Target. It's so comfortable and is a total staple tee for any girl's closet. This summer they have some great colors out right now.
 photo f14408dc2cf483dbb665fd1441b9606f_zpsdc79ab64.jpg photo 5d242793bb004f0ca5fac399e7dff2a6_zps86035167.jpg photo baby-lips-in-melon-mania_zpsa00443fc.jpg
In that same Target run I also picked up these beauty products:  e.l.f. Studio Cream Eyeliner in Coffee (see my review of this HG product here), e.l.f. Essential Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal (definitely similar to the Benefit High Beam, I'm working on a review and comparison to post soon) and Maybelline Baby Lips in Melon Mania (review in progress). I already have the Baby Lips in Peach Kiss and wanted a fun shade for summer.

Before seeing the new bundle of joy, I had lunch and a shopping date with Mandy of In the Fashion Lane. Mandy is such a doll and we have been blog friends for what seems like forever. She's also a great shopping buddy and has the perfect eye for fashion! We went to the Yard House then walked around the mall for a bit.We're total blogger failures because we didn't snap a single pic! We forgot on our last date too! Such a bummer! On our trip I bought these two items from Forever 21:

 photo 0E05FBE1-C43E-4E5D-9E2F-8F3AA87998BD-2386-00000102F4C53107_zps1b0b23a4.jpg photo f3f7464e18260601446a5eb118ec6531_zps298b647c.jpg
It's so hard to buy anything right now at this point in my pregnancy. I need some new items, but I hate to buy something I know I can wear for only 7 weeks or less. This top is perfect for now and will look cute and loose after the bump. In the picture it looks super cropped and square, but it's not that short IRL. It reminded me of this cute pin I found on Pinterest and I had to have it. I can't find the exact color one on their website, but they have a gorgeous neon coral and cream one available here. The head band is super fun and I can't wait to wear it by the pool this summer. They don't have this exact one online, but you can see the super cute wraps they have here.

On a TV update, I've finally rid myself of my 15 at Heart TV shows! When we moved in January, I missed a few weeks of shows and just never bothered to get caught up. So see ya later Pretty Little Liars, Vampire Diaries, and I never got around to finishing the last season of Gossip Girl. To be honest, I don't miss them either! The only things I watch now is The Following, Criminal Minds, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, New Girl, The Mindy Project, Nashville, and Duck Dynasty. What TV shows are your favorite?

4 comments :

Chelsea Mac said...

Ohmygoodness your maternity shoot looks gorgeous! I cannot wait to see more!!

Hikari said...

The maternity shot is so so beautiful! I have been anxiously awaiting this babe to come so we can learn her name!! ha.

the girl in the red shoes said...

I'm a little behind on my blog reading, so I missed your last bump post about baby girl being breech! Hudson was breech too so I had a c-section. If you have any questions let me know! I tried swimming and going to a chiropractor who specialized in the webster technique for getting breech babies to move. It obviously didn't work for me but it might for you! Plus if felt good!

Unknown said...

I loved The Following, but then I had for real freaky dreams. Best done tv show though. Just way scary.

My sister had a c-section. She didn't mind it at all. Recovery time is more, but your little babes head will be all perfect and round:) Its the little things that count!

ally
www.danplusally.blogspot.com