Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bumpdate Week 26

 photo 062ECF91-8077-4EBB-83C6-9AEABE676341-1481-000000A03B031391_zps0e749327.jpg photo 7F1C6723-6B7A-4EB5-81B6-EC87AF6C76F5-1481-000000A046BB257C_zpsbe49c103.jpg  
25 Weeks 2 Days

How far along? 25 Weeks (Each bumpdate reviews the week previous)

Total weight gain: I don't own a scale so I'm not sure, but at my last appointment it was 4.5lbs and I think I'm close to 9lbs now, but I won't know until my next appointment in March.

Stretch marks?: Not so far, I'm still using the  Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter every day.

Maternity clothes: I picked up a new bra this weekend, I had to go up a size in both band and cup. It's so freaking comfortable, but there's so much fabric! I guess this is something I'll have to get used to though, LOL. I'm still wearing my Old Navy Maternity Smooth-Panel Rockstar Jeggings  (I bought two pairs) and my Kiki La'Rue Jeggings (which aren't maternity, but fit below my belly).  It's beginning to warm up a bit and I've been wanting to wear dresses, but some are pretty short with the bump and everything. I'll need to invest in more maxi dresses, good for now and later.

Belly Button in or out?: In! It's getting more shallow each day though and the top part that is beginning to ridge out is getting larger.

Sleep: I've done what most of you have suggested and sleep with a pillow between my legs and put part of it under my belly and that helps during the night, so thank you! I've found that I'm sleeping through most of the night, only waking up once now, which I did even before I was pregnant.

I've also noticed that I'm getting more tired during the day and have started napping again on the weekends as well as going to bed earlier during the week. Best to get in some sleep now I guess!

Best moment this week: Picking up our Graco Lauren 4-in-1 Convertible Crib and a few decor items for the nursery. I saw the cutest single letter at TJ Maxx and the only one available was the letter of her first name! It was a total sign, I swear!

Worst moment this week: Yesterday on my way to work, she was a moving machine. It was very uncomfortable and almost painful. I've never felt that sensation before from her movement and told my carpool buddy that I felt like I could be sick just from her movement. Well guess what, as soon as we parked I had to vomit. So unclassy and I felt so bad for my carpool buddy! As soon as I got into work I googled the heck out of it and turns out it's common that baby movement can cause nausea and vomiting. Oh great. Right after I was sick, she was just her normal self and didn't get all crazy using my guts as a karate chopping block. Hopefully, this won't be a regular thing.

Have you told family and friends: Definitely!

Miss Anything? Still just fish, I didn't realize how often I ate seafood until I became pregnant.

Movement: Lots! Her kicks and turns are getting stronger so it makes me happy knowing she's growing. Sometimes I wonder what she's doing in there though based on the movement I feel. I like to picture her dancing, or laying on her back wiggling her limbs like a turtle that's been flipped over. Is that weird, normal, or just funny?

Food cravings: Kiwi, bananas, and strawberries.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Just the movement yesterday, but other than that nothing.

Have you started to show yet: Oh yes!

Gender: Team pink!

Symptoms: On Saturday, I felt like I was a young kid with growing pains, but in the belly region. I was so uncomfortable I couldn't sit, stand, or find a position to lay down comfortably. Then the next day I swear I was larger! The picture above was taken when I wasn't feeling to hot, so that's probably why I'm not as "happy" in the pic as I usually am.

Happy or Moody most of the time:
Happy!


What I'm reading: Secrets of the Mommyhood by Heather Alexander (available here) and I'm almost done. It's really cute and funny, I love the style of writing. I was hoping to finish it before this post, but I'll probably finish tomorrow. It's really a quick read, but I've only had the chance to read it during my 30 minutes lunch breaks at work. It's so funny though and I appreciate her humor and tips.

Looking forward to: Cleaning out the nursery, it still has boxes from our move. The hubs and I planned on doing it this past weekend, but were busy with errands and cleaning other parts of our place and by the time we got to the nursery we were pooped. I'll be out of town this weekend for a bachelorette party for my SIL so the nursery will have to wait. Starting when I get back, our goal is to clean out one box every day and then get whatever is left taken care of next weekend. Then we can start putting the furniture together! Woohoo, wish us luck!!

11 comments :

Hikari said...

I made it to my 9 month mark before I got a stretch mark. I was growing so fast in that last month that I guess my skin just couldn't take it :( Oh well. Some people dont' get them at all though. I can't wait for the name reveal. haha.

Leslie said...

I crave strawberries too...I eat SO many!! I have felt nausea a few times when he is moving a lot but it passes. I hope that doesn't happen again for you!! And I am just about to start reading that book!! I need to stop reading pregnancy books and start reading books on the baby and mommyhood :)

Carolyn said...

I am DYING to know that little angel's name! :) You look adorable...even if you weren't feeling great! I am totally going to check out that book! Thanks for the tip!

KRISTIN said...

Love that purple dress! You look so cute! Can't wait to see your nursery plans and hear baby girl's name!

ali.rar said...

What are you naming her!?? Yay for no stretch marks! I used the palmers brand stretch mark cocoa butter, belly lotion and oil! 3 kids NOT A SINGLE STRETCH MARK : )

ali.rar said...

What are you naming her!?? Yay for no stretch marks! I used the palmers brand stretch mark cocoa butter, belly lotion and oil! 3 kids NOT A SINGLE STRETCH MARK : )

Sarah said...

You look great mama! Don't feel bad about puking in front of other people! I have done that multiple times! I used BioOil all through my pregnancy on my belly to prevent stretch marks and I made it out stretch mark free! You should give it a whirl! Keep up the good cookin'! (;

Heather said...

Mmmm, well. Sorry about the pukage. That's no fun, but glad you are feeling happy.

I can't see your picture, I see a photobucket thing for all your images. Probably just me, but I thought I would mention it.

So so glad you like the book! Thanks for mentioning it (again!). You rock.
Have a great evening!
Heather

Bekah @ Love is Pink said...

You look great! love the purple dress and bright nail polish on you!
And while I havent had any babies of my own i still remember my sister calling me when she had to go up a cup size when she was pregnant with her first. She was super excited haha

Jenna DeSantis said...

Soo cute what a wonderful post Kristen! :)))

Jenna

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

I think it is so great that you have so many readers sharing tips so that you learn from them too! Crazy about the movement causing nauseousness! I think it is normal to imagine her dancing and what not. Cute!