Thursday, February 14, 2013

Bumpdate Week 24

 photo 1_zps46b7c642.jpg
Ohmygoodness ya'll. I got my shower invite for my side of the family this week, and isn't it the cutest thing you've ever laid eyes on? I teared up when I saw it! The above one is from the site- Tiny Prints, mine didn't look as sweet after I blurred out all the personal information and I wanted for you guys to have the full effect. I don't know too much about the shower they're planning, but I'm so excited and I just know it's going to be the perfect way to celebrate our little girl! The invite is so precious, I want to find a cute frame for it to keep in her room.

This week we finally finished our registry too at Babies R Us. It went so much better than our wedding registry- I actually really enjoyed it instead of pooping out after 45 min and telling Matt to get whatever he wanted. I had started it online initially and then went in-store with my Mother in law. We had such a great time go up and down the aisles. Some items were pretty tough to register for, there's so much preference involved and you don't really know what type of bottle, nipples, or pacifiers your child will prefer until they get here. I just went for the ones I know my Sister in law used and hoped for the best. I also just copied what other Mommies (like The Girl in the Red Shoes) have posted about loving or things they wish they registered for. Any suggestions, let me know in a comment! What do you say is a must-have and what can I skip? Please leave a list below!


How far along? I'm 24 weeks today, that's 6 months along already!! Isn't that nuts? I can't believe how quickly the time has just flown past. More about that next week, this post is to review week 23. 

Total weight gain: I don't own a scale, so I won't know my true weight until my next appointment in March. I've probably gained another half pound, so maybe 5 lbs now? I'm beginning to get a double chin too, it's been the worst part of the pregnancy so far. My mom said it would happen, she said her face blew up!

Stretch marks?: Nope. I'm still using the  Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter and haven't noticed anything showing up yet. I'm hoping that as long as I stay steady on my weight gain I may skim by without them, but I'm not holding my breath. It's mostly genetics so we'll see how it goes, my mother didn't get any stretch marks, but I mostly take after my dad's side and he had all brothers so no one knows what the gene is on that side.

Maternity clothes: I've only bought the Old Navy Maternity Smooth-Panel Rockstar Jeggings and so happy I picked up two pairs because that's all I'm wearing now. Well, those and my Kiki La'Rue Jeggings (I want to get the green ones for spring!). Between these three pairs of pants I'm hoping to stretch them out for the remaining months. I just don't see the point in sending money on clothing items I wear for such a short period of time.

Belly Button in or out?: In, but more and more shallow as each day passes. The top part is beginning to ridge out a bit more too. It's much easier to clean now ;)

 photo C27EABB9-3D19-40B8-96D6-E4F99C674AA6-2394-000001139D28F332_zps689511b4.jpg
 photo 807C9762-5ECB-4709-8316-417626BC4CB3-2394-00000113A4C5EC8F_zps1bd0b27c.jpg
 I couldn't resist this little bunny at Target! 
It's so soft and I just love bunnies, Baby L had to have it.

Sleep: Oh goodness. I came down with a cold Saturday and I'm still fighting it off. All I want to do is sleep, and baby girl is have a dance party in the womb. Also, the only position I want to lay in recently is on my back, which you're not supposed to do, so I've been kind of doing the "lean" and sleeping on my back with a pillow under one side so I'm not completely flat. That helps a bit, but my sleeping is still chaotic.

Best moment this week: On Sunday I was catching up on some blogging and I could literally see it when baby girl kicked!! I called for my husband to come and check it out and then we watched my belly move and groove for the next 30 minutes. It's like having an alien inside you, I felt like I was in a sci-fi movie or something! It was the neatest thing to watch. I'm trying to catch it on camera and if I do, I'll be sure to post it!

Worst moment this week: Getting sick, again! It's unbelievable. I've been sick 4 times now and not taking anything is the worst. I had my flu shot at my last doctor appointment so I expected to not get sick again for the rest of my pregnancy, but that was only wishful thinking. 

Have you told family and friends: Yes!

Miss Anything? Getting a full night's sleep and not having to pee every 45 minutes. 

 photo E9B062D0-82E5-4705-9A7B-E625E34A41FD-2394-0000011398699559_zps70a81719.jpg
A sweet family friend got this diaper bag for me and I couldn't be more thankful. I love the colors and the features it has. It's large, but not huge, and has plenty of pockets for everything. It even converts to a backpack!

Movement: This week feels like Baby L has been doing somersaults in preparing for the Olympics. It's so nuts and the craziest feeling. I know it will only grow stronger and crazier as she gets bigger and has less room to squirm.

Food cravings: Strawberries, watermelon, and grilled cheese.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Just this cold I caught!

Have you started to show yet: Oh definitely.

Gender: Pink, pink, pink!

Symptoms: Linea Nigra has shown up. That's the dark line on my belly going from my belly button all the way down. It's not that dark, but definitely is there. I'm not sure how long it has been there, but asked Matt about it on Sunday and that's when we noticed it was there. I can't see it myself because I can't see past the bottom ridge of my belly button, but can check it out in the mirror.

Happy or Moody most of the time:
Happy as a clam.

Looking forward to: Picking out the furniture this weekend! Hopefully, it all looks as good as it does online....


Happiest of Valentines to you and yours! 
Take time to celebrate all the love around you, with significant others, family, and friends! 

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

The invite is so cute! Can't believe you are 6 months already...before you know it your little lady will be here :)

Lindasy
LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

April and Jason said...

I love the invite! I had that diaper bag (different color), and I LOVED it!! Backpacks are soo awesome when you have a million other things to carry. The only problem was that the material was really thin, and it tore within the first month of use, and I ended up getting a stronger one. However, since you dont have two crazy boys like me, it should be fine! I have been looking for you at church! Let me know if you ever need anything - I am just around the corner! :-)

Chelsea Mac said...

The invite is absolutely adorable! And congrats on finishing up the registry - that's a tough task!

eliz said...

I got sick right after the flu shot and have been sick 2 more times...I guess it is normal. Beautiful invites!! So sweet! I also have Old Navy maternity jeans and looove them!

Carolyn said...

Such an adorable shower invite! Love it! :)

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

YAY!!! So much fun stuff happening. I love following along. You are just too cute!