Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Workout "Routine" + Must-Reads

Question of the month: How often do you work out? What's your preferred method of exercise?

I hate writing this as a declaration of how lazy I am, but I rarely work out. I know I need to and I want to, but I just haven't made it a priority. I do enjoy pilates and cycling. I do pin a ton of workouts I plan on one day doing. I also love the the Jillian Michaels workout videos, she's amazing. Especially these pregnancy ones I've found:

 photo d9d74813dfb24504abda777ef0537542_zpsb6e8cc6d.jpg
Turn on, tune in, tone up!
This workout is deemed the "lazy girl's workout" which is totally up my alley since my above confession...The pin said it's timed for a 30 minute show with commercials.
 
 photo 25a6b2b84eafdf25e7cc823eaa27e41f_zps0f0447b0.jpg
Lose the Pooch! The Best Exercises for Lower Abs
Um. Hello, my belly is my weakness. After the baby I want to lost the baby fat + extra. This will be perfect come July (which is when I hope I'll be okay'd to start working out). 
 
 photo c6bf911a5c7fdbf04ca979ad85282b95_zps10729480.jpg
This workout includes exercises that will help you prepare for deliver (which scares the bejeebus out of me, btw) so I want to start checking it out this weekend so I have plenty of time to get down the routine.




7 comments :

Amanda said...

Ok, here's my 2 cents for ya: I never worked out with my first 2 pregnancies. Big mistake. Even if you only walk or do a little bit, do something! It made a huge difference when I worked out during my last pregnancy. I only ended up gaining 29 pounds (they other two were 40+) and my delivery was only 4 1/2 hours from first contraction to finish (as opposed to 12 hours and 9 1/2 hours). Just listen to your body and if something bothers you then STOP immediately. Don't let labor scare you! You will be just fine!

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

I love your honesty! I agree with the commentor above... make it a priority now, especially since you are young. Your body bounces back a little easier. :)

Carolyn said...

These all look like great workouts! :)

Ella Pretty Blog said...

Thanks for the links! The first one definitely looks do-able...combining working out with TV watching is a great idea!

Unknown said...

ah yes! this i can relate too! im 27 weeks preggers with number two! im not too active (even though i should be) but any free time i have, i want to nap, or get organized for baby! if it's any encouragement...i was able to loose all the baby weight from my first ( a staggering 55 lbs!) with not much effort :)

Unknown said...

I love following workout routines that doesn't require to go to the gym and takes up so much space. I have a busy lifestyle that I can't even find exercise on my schedule. But, I think if you really want to live healthy, you'll find a way.

Madison Mcnulty

Unknown said...

Let's admit it, one way or another, all of us have been to the I'm-too-lazy-to-workout phase. However, to meet our goals and stay fit, we have to do it. It's great to see that you still consider working out and actually have plans about your routine, especially in your condition, by the way. Pre-natal exercises are a great way to prepare yourself for the delivery. Just make sure you consult your doctor first, and perform these tasks with utmost care. Take care!
Jessica @ She\'s Fit