Thursday, November 1, 2012

What I Eat + Monthly Must-Reads: October 2012

This month's question What did you eat today? You can pick any day or an average day.

I'm always intrigued by what other people eat, it gives me inspiration from my usual. I wake up an extra half hour earlier than I need to get ready just so I can eat breakfast and make a lunch for work. Everyday I HAVE to eat breakfast, my day just isn't right without it. I've also always pack a lunch, I can count on one hand how many time I've bought lunch at work in the past year. I'd rather just spend my money elsewhere, plus I can ensure I eat what I need to.

For this post, I chose to do what I eat on an average day, that way I can share my usual meals and not just what I happened to eat on any particular day (which would contain mostly candy recently with Halloween and such!)


Breakfast: 
I like to think of cereal as the breakfast of champions. Actually, I could eat cereal any time of day, it's so delicious! Recently I've switched to 1% milk and my favorite cereals are Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, or Frosted Mini Wheats. Other favorites are oatmeal with a banana or an egg over easy with a slice of unbuttered toast.

Snack: 
Typically I have a snack mid-morning that's either a string cheese, apple with Laughing Cow Soft Cheese, grapes, plain vanilla yogurt with granola (I just crush up a Nature Valley bar) or wheat pretzels.

 Lunch: 
PB&J on wheat, turkey slices with spicy mustard (a child hood favorite), turkey sandwich, and of course leftovers from the night before.

Snack:
Of course I snack again mid-afternoon, usually it will be whatever I have leftover from my lunch. Such as grapes, Quaker Oats Granola bar, almonds, cheese and crackers, pickles, or gummi bears.

Dinner: 
The hubs and I make the same thing a lot, but every now and then we step out of the box. When that happens, I usually blog about it because I consider it a miracle. Our typical dinner is cheese raviolis with marinara and garlic bread, sausage links/chicken with grilled peppers, steamed artichokes, grilled cheese, fish, BLTs, or chicken quesadillas. We always have sides like a salad, green beans, or zucchini.

So, if you haven't picked up on it, I tend to eat a ton of dairy. Also, I usually drink 2-3 glasses of milk a night with dinner- hence why I had to switch from whole milk to 1%! LOL.Well, there you have it. I typical day in my belly.

What do you usually have for your meals?

7 comments :

Schnelle said...

It's so beneficial to snack throughout the day and your snacks sound so yummy too!

Unknown said...

I tend to eat a lot of protein in the morning and a lot of veggies at dinner. It works really well and I eat a lot less during the day without feeling it at all.

XO Alex

http://www.bronzedsundaze.blogspot.com

Chelsea Mac said...

I definitely am a snacker; I would much rather eat smaller tidbits throughout the day than 3 big meals!

Chelsea
www.hautechildinthecity.com

Meg O. said...

I find these kinds of posts intriguing, too! I am a bit similar - I do have to eat breakfast and two light snacks. It helps me eat smaller meals. Lately I'm super hungry all the time because I'm still nursing so we'll see what that will be like when I wean!

KRISTIN said...

I am SO lazy when it comes to food prep. I really wish I could make myself get up earlier to make sure I have a good breakfast and pack a lunch, but it always seems like a better idea to sleep for 8 more minutes. Then I end up grabbing something crappy to eat and wonder why I have no energy!

Carolyn said...

Love this! I need to get better at getting up early and making breakfast and packing a lunch. I waste SO MUCH MONEY getting breakfast from our cafeteria and lunch out every day. SO MUCH MONEY.

Ella Pretty Blog said...

Great post! Love the yoghurt + crushed granola bar idea - sounds so yummy!