Thursday, October 11, 2012

Falling into Fashion

So it's already freaking October, but you would never know it in California. Last week the hubs and I were hoping for some cooler weather, but Mother Nature thought it would be hilarious to have heat in the tripe digits. Thanks lady!It's beginning to cool down here, but not by much. Now I'm not ready to bust out rain boots or anything and actually, I love the heat, but sometimes I wish I could just wear a light weight scarf...and maybe some boots. Anyways, here are some fashion ideas I've been drooling over on Pinterest for this season.

Leather Pants/leggings
1/2/3/4
 I really love this look and have had a pair of "pleggings" for a few years that I just wore them out last season and didn't get to wear them. Sad face. Then I found the perfect pair at Forever 21 (can't find on the site, but almost identical ones here) and can't wait to rock them. I think they're that item that you buy, don't wear for a while, then once you wear them they become a staple. How the girls above just wore them with neutrals make me crazy about them! Just swap your regular leggings for these babies for a fun and sexy twist.


 
Colored Denim
1/2/3/4
Hello! I think everyone is aware of my love of colored denim by now. Even though I don't own that many colors, I love this whole look for year round. I bought myself the perfect pair of maroon/burgundy pants from Target (these ones, but they don't have the color online) last weekend and I'm definitely wearing them 24/7 this fall/winter. I love how Christine wore hers in the first pic! Don't think just because the temp has dropped you gotta switch to darker colors though! No way Jose! Just mix in your crew neck sweaters and scarves and you're set!

Polka Dots 
1/2/3/4
Don't judge me friends, but I used to dislike polka dots. Eeeeek! I know. I was always a striped girl. They were always cute on other people, but I never picked them for myself. Now I'm a convert. For me, polka dots seem more like a spring/summer print, but these ladies look so chic wearing them for fall! I love how Lilly and Blair mixed theirs with leopard, so fun!

So, I know there's tons of great trends this season, some of which I'm more excited about then I have been about trends in past years. I did a post about shopping fall trends here that you can check out. These three things though are what I'm most excited about. What are you looking forward to wearing this season? Have you made any purchases yet?

18 comments :

Nikki said...

I wish it was still a little warmer here in the Midwest! But because it's been chilly I went fall shopping and bought my first polka a dot sweater at the GAP this weekend. Hopefully I can pull it off as cute as these girls :)

REBrown said...

I can't wait to try to add leather into my wardrobe. I need some leggings and skirts.

Jenna DeSantis said...

I LOVE the polka dot sweaters- so playful yet so grown up, and perfectly cozy for fall weather! :-)

Chelsea Mac said...

I have been trying to find a good pair of pleggings myself! Great recommendations! Also, Gap has a super cute & comfy polka dot sweater right now and they are offer 20% off online ;)

Pamela said...

The weather has been psycho, right?? Thunderstorms today and then back up to 80s next week? What the what?!

I want to try the pleggings but I'm too nervous!!! And I love polka dots, but am SO over all these J. Crew sweaters. Yes yes, we've seen them all already!

Unknown said...

Leather leggings will be my next purchase!! I'm a little worried though because I am a little "hippy" and I'm not sure they will be flattering on my body. We shall see :)

Check out my blog

bronzedsundaze.blogspot.com

Alex

Katie Did What said...

LOVE all of these! I am so excited to rock my leather leggings! And of course, I am forever in love with colored denim!! And polka dots, yayy! They are just too cute not to love! It's finally cooling down, yay!
xo

Lyndsy said...

i love the polka dot trend! i am so mad that i have not purchased anything yet! next item on my list :)

JMB said...

Ok, I love all these looks and I want my limbs to look like that first model in the tight shiny leather HOT pants!! You need to come visit KY, child I have to start my car in the mornings to get the frost off my winders!!

Christine Marie said...

Hi Kristen! I actually found your blog because thats me in the colored oxblood jeans pic haha love your blog! :)

xochristinemarie.blogspot.com

Chelsea said...

I really, really hope the colored denim trend doesn't go away... ever. I love it so much! I admit, I'm not much of a polka dot girl butttt I am loving the polka dot sweater trend going around. I might have to buy one :)

Unknown said...

I have a few fall must-haves on my shopping list - leggings, a mustard yellow infinity scarf and black riding boots. Found your blog through Beautiful Mess and am now following.

Unknown said...

Love this post great finds :)

would love for you to check out my own blog if your interested...
mineminemaggie.blogspot.ie

xxx

Anonymous said...

This is where I found awesome faux leather leggings.

http://www.leggingsqueen.com/

check it out.

Megan said...

I seriously LOVE all of these looks!!! Just pinned your post! :)

Anonymous said...

I too used to not really love polka dots and preferred stripes, but have recently started investing in a few spotted pieces. I'd love for you to check out my latest polka dot post if you have time! Thanks girl! Megan

http://thethreadaffect.com/2012/10/29/mint-chocolate-chip/

Anna said...

Gotta say, I've never been much of a polka dot kinda girl myself. But they seem to be really in right now, and these looks are super cute! I actually really love the outfit on the bottom right! So cute! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pakistani designer readymade suits uk said...

Hello! I think everyone is aware of my love of colored denim by now. Even though I don't own that many colors, I love this whole look for year round. alkaram lawn silk dupatta , 2 piece lawn suit online pakistan I bought myself the perfect pair of maroon/burgundy pants from Target (these ones, but they don't have the color online) last weekend and I'm definitely wearing them 24/7 this fall/winter. I love how Christine wore hers in the first pic! Don't think just because the temp has dropped you gotta switch to darker colors though! No way Jose! Just mix in your crew neck sweaters and scarves and you're set!