Monday, October 15, 2012

15 at Heart

So I was skimming through my DVR/Netflix queue and realized I'm a teenager at heart. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of "adult" shows like Criminal Minds, Grey's Anatomy Sons of Anarchy and the other, but I realized I have a slight obsession with teen dramas. I just can't help it!

Pretty Little Liars
I've watched this show since the start and really love the characters and the fashion. I hate that they keep dragging out who "A" is and do NOT think this past season's finale had any true indications about who it really is. 

Gossip Girl
This one was a guilty pleasure for a while, but honestly, I'm glad it's the last season. I was kind of getting over it, it's the same plot over and over again (not that other shows aren't either). I just love Blair and what the characters wear. Plus, I love looking at how gorgeous Blake Lively it. 

The Vampire Diaries
I feel like I was the last one on the bandwagon for this show. I caught up with it last summer on Netflix and have been hooked since. Elena drives me insane, but I still watch it. 

Glee
If you've read my blog for a while, you'll already know that I love this show. The songs this season have been amazing and I love Kate Hudson and Sarah Jessica Parker as guest stars. 

Awkward
Just started watching it this summer when MTV had a crazy marathon and this show is HI-larious. Super witty and creative, it reminds me the most of high school. 

Teen Wolf
Another show I started this summer, but through Netflix. Holy moly the boys are dreamy! I actually like it better than Vampire Diaries too. 

The part that makes me laugh the most with this teen drama selection is that I didn't care about high school. I was on cheer, and dance, and had a boyfriend in high school, but I hated it. I moved to a new state sophomore year (which would have been my first year in high school, 9th grade is still junior high in UT) and I didn't fit in anywhere. I really only had one true friend all thru high school, who I still love and talk to all the time. Don't get me wrong, I had fun, but it didn't live up to any expections. Wait. Light bulb. Maybe that's why I watch the teen show? To live through them? Hmmmmm...
On the topic of TV, did you guys check out Nashville? LOVE. 

 
What shows do you like to watch? Do you watch a lot of teen shows too?

18 comments :

Unknown said...

I had nothing to watch a couple weeks ago and got sucked RIGHT into Pretty Little Liars. I watched it on Netflix and I'm so bummed I can't watch Season 3 yet lol!

erica said...

One of my friends was recently over and asked me if I was 15 when she was going through my DVR..... hart of dixie, pretty little liars... gossip girl..lol

Anonymous said...

um i watch ALL of those except for Glee & Vampire Diaries. If you like PLL, then you will LOVE The Lying Game. it is SO GOOD. and also has fabulous clothes. i also watch Revenge and have started watching the weird show that comes on after it...666 Park Avenue.

REBrown said...

I watch all of these except for vampire diaries. KB makes so much fun of me.

Unknown said...

I love The Voice and Law & Order!!! My guilty pleasure is Say Yes to the Dress...don't judge haha!

Check out my blog :)

bronzedsundaze.blogspot.com

XO Alex

Chelsea Mac said...

I am right there with you PLL and Glee are at the top of my list ;)

Chelsea
www.hautechildinthecity.com

Kerr said...

I love pretty little liars and gossip girl. You should watch the lying game on abc family. It is great! I watched Nashville this weekend and I am already hooked.

Carolyn said...

OMG! I love love love teenage shows. HAHA PLL and Vampire Diaries are two of my favorite shows! However... Elena needs to get her mind right and pick Damon already. HELLO!?!??! HAHA I like Gossip Girl too, but I'm also glad it's over.

I have Nashville recorded, but haven't watched it yet! I am guessing I'll love it!

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

I watch most of these!
Xo Megan

Katie Did What said...

I absolutely agree about Gossip Girl. I have been obsessed since it started, but honestly the last few seasons I wasn't as into it anymore... I still love me some Blair Waldorf, though. That girl is my hero.

Also, EVERYONE has been talking about PLL, and I haven't even seen one episode!!! Needless to say, I'm going to start from the beginning and Netflix it :)

Hannah, Here! said...

Love Gossip Girl (and Blair's style). I'm watching One Tree Hill on Netflix as I type this!

julia rose. said...

Oh girl, newest follower right here!!
I am downright ADDICTED to PLL. I just started re-watching it all over again from Season 1 and I'm still so in love. These 2 "A" reveals have me going cray cray though!! Cannot wait for the Halloween episode to come out :)
And I have GOT to check out what the fuss is with this Nashville. Love me some Hayden!

Shabby, Chic, & Cheap said...

I am ADDICTED to PLL! Like for serious!! So glad I am not alone!

Kimberly said...

Our tv tastes are very similar! Love PLL, GG, just watched the first episode of Nashville and will definitely be keeping up with it. Also, big fan of Revenge and the new 666 Park Avenue seems intriguing.

eliz said...

Hahah I used to watch 90210 when they were in h.s. then I stopped when they got to college...I notice that I looove high school drama (my fave show currently is awkward)...but high school was over 10 years for me! Its just fun I guess...to think about our lives back then and if we acted that silly

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

I am just like you! I love PLL and I still watch OTH. I am not into a lot of the others you posted. I LOVED Nashville (shocker) and I am LOVING 666 Park Ave. I stopped watching Gossip Girl last season. Too much to follow. BUT I love Blake and the wardrobe is ridiculously GOOD!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love TVD!!! I still haven't watched the premiere. It's been so hectic. And I never saw the last 5 episodes of last season's GG. So I need to do that. AND I LOVE NASHVILLE!!!! Sooooo good. Do you like Revenge? Amazing.

Anonymous said...

I just now got netflix and have wathced 19 episodes of Vampire Diaries in like 3 days no lie.. lol.. I love TEEN WOLF!! and pretty little liars is next!.... its very addicting huh?