Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Mayans Must Be Right...

the world must be ending because I'm a brunette

I've never had dark hair before and with my last hair appointment, I just went for it! Wait, that was a lie. I did go dark my freshman year during Greek Week when I was playing Chicago's Roxy Hart for lip sync, but the look didn't stick. It was from a box, and NOT a good look. Especially when I'm supposed to be a blonde character-thank goodness for wigs! So I guess this is brunette 2.0.... anyways, I'm still rocking the ombre, so I have a touch of blonde at my tips, but whoa is it so much darker! I'm not used to it yet, but I love the color. We'll see how long I keep it, but for now it's staying.

Here is the pic I shared on Instagram (Kristen_Lawler) the day after the big change. 

These pics are from when I got home from the salon. 

Here it is a few weeks and washes later. 


It looks so different in varying lights and sometimes looks much darker than other times. I'm still loving the ombre look into fall and it's such an easy way to transition to a darker color. If you want to see my ombre transition, the looks are here and here

If you're wondering about going ombre, I would say do it! There's a lot of different ways and to go and colors to choose. You can have it as subtle or extreme as you like, but it does look better the more often you do it. My second and third round have turned out much better than my first time, only because I was so blonde, it's hard to achieve the look when you have highlights all over. 

Hope you guys are enjoying the short work week, I'm loving it!

14 comments :

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

Beautiful, love it!

Unknown said...

Love it!

Hikari said...

It looks awesome on you! I love the color.

Anonymous said...

Although, I love your blog. I think the coloring might be just too gradient for my liking. I think a softer ombre effect (like Veronika's Blushing Blog) would look better on you.

Crigger said...

Love the new hair! See you soon!

Kristen said...

Thanks ladies!

Anon- thanks for the suggestion! V does have gorgeous hair

TMiari said...

Goregous! I love it. Also, just as a change - have you ever considered parting your hair in the middle? It might look really cute w the ombre.

Katie Did What said...

omg it looks AMAZE!!! so so pretty! i've been pondering going ombre... it's just so hard to get my hair to actually take blonde, and not turn some weird orangey-red color instead.

Chelsea Mac said...

I think it looks fantastic! I've gone dark a few times, but it never really stuck. I think it's a great look for you! Rock it lady!

Veronika said...

it's stunning on you! I love it :) the next time I go I need to get more lightness through my ends :)

Kristen said...

TMiari- I have and sometimes do, but I have a callic on the right side of my forehead that forces my hair to part naturally on one side. I love the look though, i need to do it more often!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I think it looks amazing! Sooo pretty!

Heather said...

love love love! you've inspired me to finally take the ombre plunge too! i have an appointment on saturday. i haven't mentioned it to my stylist that i'm thinking about this. did it take any longer than the normal dying process? what did they have to do the first time?

Anonymous said...

If I didn't love my dark dye job so much I would totally ombre it because you make it look so good.