Thursday, June 7, 2012

Spice Up Your Pony

Remember this Summer Hairstyles post where I wanted to try new styles this summer? Well I finally did. Just one, but at least I'm branching! I've been wanting to try something new to wear to work that was quick, wouldn't look flat by the time I was off work, and was different than my sock bun. Now, you may have already seen the pictures if you follow me on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram (Kristen_Lawler). 


It was so super easy! I thought it would take me a while, but took less than 10 minutes. I kept my usual side part and split up the smaller side into two horizontal sections. Then, I started with the top section, separated that section and put the rest of my hair into a ponytail. Then I just french-braided it back to my crown and then finished out the braid to the ends and put a bobbypin to keep it set. Then did the same with the bottom section. When my two braids were done, I pulled back my un-braided hair into a ponytail and styled the front to my liking (I just swooped my bang area down and back) and when I was ready to put my elastic in, I added the two braids and removed the bobbypins. 

Walaa! Done!

**Don't forget to enter my PrintRunner giveaway for 250 business cards!** 

10 comments :

A Fine Balance said...

I love these ideas~! I have super thin hair so not sure if it would work without seeing too much of my scalp but I think it would be a great look for an outdoor concert.

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

It turned out great! I Love it!

Taylor said...

SO FUN! I do the same thing with Ponies - and when i try a top knot/sock bun the Hubs just laughs at me!

Brooke said...

Such a fun look, especially for summer!
xo,
Brooke

Ella Pretty Blog said...

Super cute look .... I love braids & twists ... They add interest to plain hairstyles. Am totally going to try this pony out.... If my arms don't get too tired from all that braiding !

Anonymous said...

No, no, no! Way too reminiscent of junior high... all you need are some butterfly clips! You might want to try this is on hair that is dirty so you don't see the parts on the braid so much or do a much looser french.

palmandpineblog said...

I love this look! I usually juts twist, instead of braiding, and I always swivel the loose ends into a bun of sorts! Great post :)

<3, natasha @ twenty-something blog

Olga said...

This is so cute!! I LOVE braids!

For the Record

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

This looks cute on you! I am always looking for new ways to try to sass up my pony! I need more volume on top. Its the imaginary texan in me ;)

According to Jax said...

I love love love this pony tail on you!!