Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Product Review: Revlon Kiss Me Coral Lipstick

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Kiss Me Coral

So my beautiful cousin introduced me to this gorgeous lipstick and I couldn't be happier! She rolled in with all natural makeup and super envious hair with this bold lipstick and I couldn't take my eyes off it! It was exactly the punch-of-color, match-with-everything color I'd been on the lookout for. I immediately went out and bought it the next day.

When I saw the tube in store, it looked more red-orange than coral, but it's perfect on. I never would have bought it on my own without seeing it on her. I wouldn't have dared such a brave color and probably would have wimped out for a more mellow color. I'm so happy with my purchase and glad I didn't sissy out. 


Ok, so besides the color, I'm in LOVE with this lipstick. In love. I like the formula better than any other lipstick I've ever used, and it's fraction the price of any department store brand.

Pros:
- Super moisturizing, it's so lush, creamy, and feels really nice on my lips. 
- Vibrant, intense color 
- True to color 
- Super affordable (around $5-7 depending on where you shop)
- Lasts several hours, still there after eating, but does need to be touched up. Leaves a nice stain. This is seriously the answers to my lipstick prayers. Re-touching is the part that I suck at and this one only needs to be applied twice a day for me.

Cons:
- None that I can report! I don't think this color is for everyone, but it's definitely pretty universal. 

Now, I was re-organizing my plethora of lipsticks/glosses and couldn't believe how many I had that we're twice as much as Revlon and not nearly as awesome. 

My next Revlon purchases will definitely be Soft Nude, Wild Orchid, and Pink Velvet

Have you tried Revlon lipsticks before? Which is your favorite?

**Don't forget to enter my PrintRunner giveaway for 250 business cards!**

5 comments :

Heather said...

i absolutely love the Revlon super lustrous lipsticks! they're probably my favorite lipstick!

Ella Pretty Blog said...

Super cute color - coral is so in right now - it's great that there's an affordable drugstore option for ppl who want to try the trend (like me!)

I think Revlon lip products have surprisingly AMAZING quality - have you tried the Super Lustrous lipgloss in Coral Reef? It's my fave - and it would work really well with your lipstick :-)

Megan, TfDiaries.com said...

love that color!

xo, thefrugalistadiaries.blogspot.com

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

The color looks great on you! Not what I expecting from the picture of the tube. I don't have any Revlon lipsticks but should probably give em a try - I'm like you and fail at reapplying/touching up the lip! :)

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

This is a GREAT color on you! I get so scared of colors by just seeing them in the tube even though they don't always look that way! Revlon makes great lipsticks