Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vlog: How-to Tease Your Hair



Ok ladies, here's all the tips you need for teasing your hair! I put it in this video and I hope you can all walk away from it with giant, voluminous hair.

First things first, you want to use a comb or brush that you're comfortable with. Like I said in the video, I use a hair pick, but you may find a comb, or brush easier to use.

Then, you want to start mid shaft and comb down towards your roots.

For more volume (for say an up-do) focus your teasing on your roots with a small tooth comb, then switch to a pick to focus body on the middle section of your hair.

Most importantly, remember to smooth out the top of your hair! You NEVER want to have an obvious nest.

Also, you don't want any gaps in your hair, so be sure to do a full 360 to check for evenness.

So there you have, it's seriously so easy. Practice makes perfect!

To see how I curl my hair, see this vlog. Oh, and for loose curls check out this one.

Now ladies, go off and pouf! Let me know if you have any questions and I'd love to hear about your new big hair experiments!

7 comments :

Heather said...

love it! thanks for the info! I need to get a pick now.

Jess... said...

Love your hair advice vids! Keep 'em comin cause I need all the tips I can get! Haha

Nado Queenie said...

I can't wait to try this, I need volume in my hair!!! You're color looks awesome too!

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

You are a pro teaser! I love your little tips and I need that comb pack! Your hair is really gorgeous! <3

Saucy Siciliana said...

I used to tease my hair when I was younger, my daughter wants to do it now so this will be useful for her. I am following you from Rome, and I will go and follow you on Twitter now. Come on over to my blog, I just made some cookies:)

Vanessa said...

Thanks for this video, I was completely clueless on teasing my own hair, cant wait to try it!

Unknown said...

OK so i have been teasing my hair for about a year and a half and have been pretty successful but have trouble making it look good from one day to the next. I watched your video and now I know that it is the comb that is kicking my butt! after watching your video a couple days ago, I tried it with a pick and holy hair! Thank you so so much! I am loving the pick now! =)