Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bright Denim: How To Wear It

I'm obsessed with colored denim. I want several colors for this spring/summer. If you follow me on Twitter, you'll already know that I found the cutest hot pink pair ever at Nordstrom Rack ($30!!), but the only pair in my size had a hole. I'm going to check out another one to see if I can find them, otherwise I'll just have to "settle" on mint, cobalt, or lavender. Colored denim though is everywhere at every price point, Target, Forever 21, Nordstrom, and Macy's all have them so I'm sure I'll get over the hot pink pants loss.

When trying on the pants, you may wonder how the H are you going to wear them? You don't want to be constricted by wearing the same ensemble each time you venture out with them. Fortunately, colored denim is super versatile!

First, classic neutrals. This is the obvious one. Don't be afraid to spice it up with some fun accessories, layered necklaces, blazers, scarves or bright shoes.

Don't think you can rock bright pants and prints together? Think again sister. Okay, I know the second pic is a skirt and not pants, but I think it's a perfect example.

Oh, and good old chambray works with any color and is easy to pair with lots of jewelry.

Are you going to be rocking the trend this year? What colors do you like? How are you styling yours?

16 comments :

arianapia said...

mint mint mint!

I already own red and cobalt. Need the mint and maybe the purple. :)

love this post!

Anonymous said...

i definitely want mint asap! i love how This Time Tomorrow blog styled hers yesterday. i also like the idea of lavender! i had not really thought about that before but now i want them immediately. i am also still on the hunt for hot pink...old navy did not work out regardless of size.

i am so behind, but i finally bought some urban decay eyeshadow primer yesterday. woo hoo!

Schnelle said...

Old Navy has them in hot pink too! I want a pair in mint but I haven't found a pair -yet!

Kerr said...

I am dying to get a pair, or two! But I haven't found the perfect ones just yet.

Sarah said...

I really really want to get a pair..maybe seafoam green or red?? But idk if I can pull it off.

cheryl denise said...

I want the geranium joes - to be featured in next weeks wishlist Wednesday post :)

Anonymous said...

so I get georgie's flea medicine from walmart bc its like 15.00 cheaper..so i went online to order and tehre was some totally cute colored denim! i got some red skinny jeans for like 13.oo

Chelsea Mac said...

I am counting down the mInutes until I can wear my skinnies again & rock this trend! Great looks!!!

Lyndsy said...

i am also LOVING colored demin! Just got a pair of watermelon ones at the gap! i need to invest in a good chambray shirt to wear with mine but love that look with grey shirt and white blazer...thanks for the ideas!

eliz said...

I want mint jeans....or green jeans only if they are cheap because I can see myself wearing them only a few times. Great inspiration pictures though!

palmandpineblog said...

$30!? You lucky ducklin ;)

xo, tasha
twenty-something blog
follow me

Jennifer of JennySue Makeup said...

I have bright blue denim and red ones that I wear with everything- and your chambray shirt idea is what I wear with both ALL the time!!! of course a basic black or white works as well. love your blog!! so entertaining- especially the man candy one:)

Anonymous said...

Target had so many colors I wanted and I hope Kohl's has the white and red capris.

REBrown said...

I love the mint colored denim. Going to have to get me a cheap pair!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love. ♥

http://lusiairusia.blogspot.com/

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

I LOVE colored denim. Gap had an awesome variety and I am leaning towards lilac. I may have to do mint because its the color du jour! I am loving the more neon washes too!