Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Product Review: Maybelline Define-A-Brow Pencil


I've shaded in my eyebrows since I started using make-up. My eyebrows are naturally very thin (I only need to pluck a few rogue strands, and one brow has an inch scar that doesn't grow any hair) so they need some help beefing up. A more defined brow also helps to frame your eyes, helping them to really stand out.

There's a lot of different products out there for eyebrows, and I've tried them all. I used shadow for a long time, and I liked it well enough, but now I prefer pencil. I find it easier to shape my brows and can look more natural.

I'm so happy I bought this pencil on a whim. It's perfect and I haven't had a need/want to look at other products.

Pros:
- The ultra thin pencil, helps make shading look natural and is easier to control the amount of product you use
- The texture is the perfect amount of firm and creamy. Which means it's easy to apply (you don't have to press hard) and easy to blend
- No sharpening needed, the pencil twists up and because it's so narrow, you don't need a sharp point and because of it's texture it's a great blending tip
- Lasts all day and is waterproof
- Six colors are available
- Super affordable and easy to find

Cons:
- None. I thought about this for a while, but really couldn't think of anything.The comb on the side is mostly useless I guess.

I use the Light Brown color and it's been a staple in my makeup bag for a long time and I don't see myself changing products...ever.  Eyebrows are one thing I think many women look over, but they really can make a big difference. 

I would definitely recommend this product to everyone, at least to try. 

Do you define your brows? What products do you use?

*FTC I was not paid for this review, the product was bought on my own. All opinions are my own and 100% truthful*

9 comments :

Schnelle said...

I just started shading in my brows this year and I can't believe what a difference it makes! I started off using shadow and now I use brow zings (Benefit) and I am in love with that set. This pencil sounds great though- I love when they roll up (hate sharpening!)

Melissa {Persnickety Plates} said...

Twice I went to ULTA to get this (b/c Define A Lash is my favorite mascara) but they didn't have my color. I picked up a Revlon one, I think, but I'm still on the lookout for this one.

Yasi said...

Thanks for this review! I've been looking for a good brow pencil.

:)
Yasi @ Hello, Gorgeous!

KRISTIN said...

I need a good brow pencil...I never shade my brows but when I get my makeup professionally done {wedding, engagements pics, etc} I absolutely LOVED how they looked. Thanks for sharing chica! You have the BEST stuff! :)

Hikari said...

You should do a tutorial on eyebrow shading! I tried it a few times, but kept feeling like it didn't look right. Maybe it's because I couldn't find the right color. Who knows.

Meg O. said...

I am a HUGE advocate for filling in brows! I have relatively thick brows but they're so uneven at times. This automatically gives your face so much more definition! I'll have to give this product a whirl. I have been using the Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil for well over 6 months (it lasts forever) and I love it!

Alana Christine said...

This is the brow shader I use! Like you, I've tried a lot of them. So far, I really like it!

http://lanachristine.blogspot.com

Vanessa said...

Thank you for the review! I've been using MAC's Espresso shadow applied with the 208 brush, and it works fine/lasts forever, but I'm always open to new ideas. I've been meaning to find an affordable pencil for myself as well as my kit. Can't wait to try this!

Anonymous said...

I like Anastasia as well. Just started using it but love it!