Monday, December 5, 2011

Beta Kappa, Get Excited!

A few weeks ago, my sorority chapter had an alumni event and I couldn't wait to go! Joining a sorority was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The memories, the philanthropy, the friendships, and the skills it gave me are something I'll always cherish. I can't imagine how my life would be if I didn't join.

Before the event, a few of us met up at our old hang out to catch up.

Look how large our family tree is now, ummmmmmm our names are at the very top...


Oh, and I thought I'd share some pictures of myself through the years. Unfortunately, I'm missing two years which just happened to be my fave pics!
Freshmen Year
The brown hair is a LONG story...

Sophomore Year

I think this is my fourth year... not sure though


We also re-lived some skit dances, lip syncs, and the new girls taught us some new songs.

The day ended on the perfect note, with a cheer no less.

The whole day was so much fun! I love my sorority and the active members are such dolls! I loved meeting all of them and sharing stories. Can't wait to see you girls again!

If any of you have a question for me, ask me here! I've got some great questions so far, but I'm looking for more.

13 comments :

Jenny said...

Aww Chi O!!! :) Love the composite photos! Mine are hilariousssss

Rissy said...

I almost joined a sorority in college but ended up quitting the day before initiation. This post is making me re-think my decision... although I felt like an honorary member of my roomies' sorority.

Umm you are/were beautiful no matter what your hair looks like! classic beauty for sure. And it looks like the event was really fun!


CarissaExplainsItAll

KRISTIN said...

AHHH! I love it! Joining my sorority was one of the best decisions I've made too...I love still being involved and reminiscing with my sister friends about our amazing 4 years. I LOVE the composite pictures, I may just have to copy you on that one.

Carolyn said...

Love this post! :) Joining a sorority was an amazing experience for me too... this makes me miss my sisters!!!

Jules said...

That looks like a blast and it must have been so great to catch up with everyone and meet some of the new sisters!

I love the pics from college!

Schnelle said...

That looks like fun! Beautiful pics!

Brittany said...

Aww! One of my best friends was in a KKG and LOVED it. She would alllways be talking about her sisters and the activities they would all be doing, plus she had a million adorable shirts. My college did not have soroities or frats.. boo.

Anonymous said...

How fun!! I had my Kappa Delta holiday party this weekend. I actually hosted it. Isn't it fun to get together and just remember all the crazy times!?

Lyndsy said...

Ca-ute! I was also the rush (recruitment to be PC) chair for my house! Too fun!

Anonymous said...

Seems so fun!!! I love seeing pics of people from back in the day. I'm not sharing mine tho. LOL.

REBrown said...

You look so pretty in all your composite pictures!

Raquel said...

Those picture are so cute! You are gorgeousssss :)

I wanna join a sorority so badly, but i've heard really bad things about sororities and good ones at the same time so i'm really torn as to what to think!

Anonymous said...

so fun! i always was so sad SMC didnt have greek life...