Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Everyone, You Can Stop...

looking for a red lipstick that lasts! I've done the dirty work and I've found one for you!



Remember my Sephora F/F purchases? Well that Always Red Lipstain is a diamond in the rough. This stain is no joke! I put it on at 830am and wore it through to 2am while only touching it up twice! The second time I didn't really need to touch it up, but did just out of habit.

Plus, it's the most perfect shade of red. It's warm and bright and I think the color would work for a variety of skin tones and hair colors.

I wore it to work and out that night, and I'm not kidding you, in two days time 12 people complimented me on it. 12! Twelve! Half of which were complete strangers.All I could think to myself is that I hit the red lip jackpot.

You might remember the first time I wore red lips (see the post here) and wearing red lips is seriously high maintenance. It wears off, it's obvious if it smears, the color can bleed, you have to constantly check for color on your teeth. It's a nightmare.

Not with this puppy. Oh no. This stuff lasts. I ate, drank, and talked all day/night and my lips were nearly perfect. You do have to do the usual blotting and you need to be careful about applying the color, but luckily it takes a few moments to set so you do have time to clean up any mistakes.


I've told you the good stuff, here's it's downfalls:

For one, this is the only shade of red the product comes in so if this shade doesn't work for you, you're outta luck. 
It's a bit drying, so you do need to wear a chapstick with it midday. 
It's hard to take off once it's set. I had to seriously scrub my lips to get it all off, and that's after using a makeup remover.
While the color stays on your lips, it does come off onto whatever you touch like a regular lipstick. It just stays on your lips without wearing off.

Another feature of the stain is that it's matte. Which I thought could be weird, but I loved the look! Plus, you can always top it with gloss so it's no big deal.

Overall, I seriously love this product! I'm so glad I took a chance and went for it. I'm wearing red lips all the time now and without the fuss. To apply, I use a liner first around my lips and then apply the stain, blot and clean any mistakes. Wala!  I couldn't be happier with this product!

Do you wear red lips? What product do you use?

14 comments :

Sarah said...

yayyy!! thanks for posting this!! I am totally going to get this it looks awesome on you girl! xo

Anonymous said...

my husband hates red lips. i am on the fence. i do hate the maintenance, but i may give this a try. as always, i love that you try so many products!

Schnelle said...

You can totally rock the red lips, you look great! I'm not to sure I like red lips on myself and I know my husband hates red lipstick.

Mrs. H said...

It's pretty rare that I wear red lipstick b/c I think only certain skin tones can wear it and I think that I needs to be paired with the right outfit. However, it looks great on you!!!

Lindsey said...

I can't wear red lips, but I'm sure those that do will thank you for this post! Looking good with the red gf!

JMB said...

Your hair alllllways looks phenom!! Jealous!!! ;) And I am going to try out those lipglosses!!! Do you wear a lipstick that is a red? I want a good cheapy one!!! I hate paying 8 -10 dollars on lipstick!!

REBrown said...

Way to rock the red!

I'm not sure this bright of a color would work for me, but I definitely want to try something similar.

Anonymous said...

I just can't do lipsticks I think I look so weird!

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

It's hard for me to rock a true red lipstick, but I loooooove the Sephora Collection makeup products. Great find!

http://peridotkutie.blogspot.com/

Veronika said...

so jealous you can pull off red lipstick!

Anonymous said...

will so get this. you look fabulous!

Karla said...

I just purchased Always Red this weekend and love it! It's perfect, you're right!

Keep the reviews coming!! :)

Pamela said...

Thanks for the rec! I bought it today with you in mind and LOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

officially loving it and need some sephora in my life. that color of red looks great on you!

for red lips i usually use a subtle hourglass stain, but if im going bold, i use either a cheap rimmel tube of lipstick or my tom ford ('special' stuff since it was overpriced haha) :)