Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Recent Purchases: Sephora F/F

I recently won a $50 giftcard from Everything According to Erin (thanks again love!!) and was able to to use it towards Sephora's Friends and Family discount they have going right now. The funny thing is, is that I bought the products just a few days before the sale started so after talking to their customer service I returned the products and re-bought all of them. LOL. When I went into the store the staff said I was like the 5th person to return products just that day. I did the math to see if it would be worth the trouble and it totally was because I was able to pick up an extra item for less than the original price!

Here's what I bought and reviews will be coming soon!!

Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Always Red (color not shown in pic)
I've seriously been obsessed with red lips, but it's so high maintenance to wear them. I thought that going with a lip stain may be a better and easier route. The Always Red is a true red shade with a blue undertone, I'm hoping it will be gorgeous on.

Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gloss in 20 Shiny Perfect Nude (color not shown in pic)
I know I don't need ANYMORE lipglosses, but I've been trying to find a gloss that's tinted and slippery that lasts a few hours. I'm hoping this gem will do just that. The color I bought is a really sheer pink without any shimmer.


Sephora by OPI Only Gold For Me Top Coat 
I never bought this before because I have two polishes that are really similar, Milani, and e.l.f. Golden Goddess but this polish is just so much superior because it has both large and small glitter specks and it's in a clear coat. Milani only has large glitter specks, and the e.l.f. is perfect glitter, but in a tinted yellow base which can discolor my polish. So with the combo of the giftcard and the sale, I went for it.  I just can't justify spending $10 on a polish when I have so many and have never once used an entire bottle of anything before. I think this might be my favorite purchase because I've been using gold glitter on almost all of my manis.

Duh, I love eyeshadow. These shades are gorgeous and have super crazy shimmer to them that reminds me of JLo on American Idol. 

I browsed the store and online forever before deciding and I can't believe I went with all Sephora brand products instead of splurging for something I wouldn't typically buy for myself, but I seriously love their brand. I've used their shadows, bronzers, and blushes and have re-purchased all of them. You can see my Sephora brand purchases and reviews all here. So I thought why not get what I want right?

Have you used anything of these products before? Have you tried the Sephora brand?

Have you bought anything from the sale yet? Get your f/f code here the sale goes through November 2.

13 comments :

JMB said...

I cannot wait to see what you think about the eye shadow pallete! Let me know! It looks FAB for fall and winter!!

Schnelle said...

I like the polish a lot and the palette looks like it will be a fun palette to use. great finds.

Jules said...

I've got some things in my online cart and I just need to order them already. I have one of those Sephora glosses and really love it because it isn't sticky.

Only Gold For Me will be such a pretty top coat and would make a nice accent nail.

Love your purchases!

AmandaG said...

The only Sephora brand purchase I've made, was a face primer I bought a couple of years ago. I was hoping it would be similar to a sample I received of the Smashbox primer (only cheaper), but I really did not like the primer. Can't wait to hear your reviews though, as I am willing to give it another go!

Cassie said...

That gold top coat looks fabulous! I can't wait to see it on your nails! I may just have to get this! Love the eyeshadow too!

Mani said...

I loooove thaat nail-polish color...so chic and crazy!

Brittany said...

I have that nail polish and I love it!!

Anonymous said...

i adore their brand lip glosses. been using them for years

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so glad that you ended up being able to use the discount!

Can't wait to see the review about the eyeshadow.

Jen @ redsolesandredwine said...

I definitely want the gold Sephora nail polish!! You've inspired me to do my nails today :)

Red Soles and Red Wine

Rach said...

I love the sephora brand stuff. I have a bunch of their eye shadows and blushes.

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Lucky you on the giftcard! Sephora doesn't ship to APO boxes (seriously sephora, get with it.....) - so I'm excited to get home and go shopping for makeup. I'll have to quiz you on what to get since I know you have ALL of it.

:) Michelle

Lyndsy said...

OOh all good purchases! Nice work lady!! I have and love the gold nail polish from sephora. it's the best!