Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Product Review: e.l.f. Studio Daily Brush Cleaner


By now I’m sure many of you have picked up on the fact that I love e.l.f. products. No? Oh, well check out all my purchases and review here. A few weeks ago I picked up this daily brush cleaner and thought it would be so awesome to clean more brushes more often and especially when I’m switching colors. 

 
From the site, the cleaner is "an anti-bacterial daily brush cleanser for quick cleaning in-between makeup applications. Disinfects brushes to provide a fresh and clean application every time. Helps to keep your brushes lasting longer for extended use."


To use, spray generously onto your brush and swirl your brush onto a clean cloth. You can also spray your cloth as well. The product can be used daily or for in-between more thorough washings.


Pros:
-The bottle is larger than I expected (8.5 fl oz)
-The product dries quickly
-Sprays evenly in a wide mist
-It disinfects your brushes


Cons:
-The scent is really strong and not so nice
-This is an everyday cleanser, it will not give you a complete wash

Here is the before (on the left) and the after (on the right) of my brush using the Brush Cleaner:

Here's what came off when I cleaned it:

Ok, so there's not much difference at all with the before and after pictures. The picture on the right (the after shot) is slight lighter than the before pic. I think if I just wiped off the brush on the napkin I would have had close to the same amount cleaned off.

I'll continue to use this bottle, for sanitation purposes, but I don't plan on purchasing it again. It does clean my brushes, but I think it's really for more of a light cleaning (think dusting vs spraying down and wiping everything up) and is better when you're using your brushes for someone else (to avoid spreading germs) and when you're using the same brush for an array of different colored shadows. 

Have you found any good spray cleansers? Have you tried this product?

8 comments :

Schnelle said...

I love the MAC brush cleaner. I don't use it every day but I use it weekly and it works wonders.

Kristin said...

I never clean my brushes....that's probably bad isn't it?

Kate at Green Fashionista said...

I've been using Sephora's makeup brush cleaner and I love it, plus it smells amazing! Plus it's only $6!

REBrown said...

I hardly ever clean my brushes except for if I can see nastiness on them. That's probably really gross, but I just don't ever think about it.

Anonymous said...

couldnt stand the smell, had to dump!

Chelsea Mac said...

Darn it! I am looking for a brush cleanser. Thanks for the recommendations because this was definitely on my list!

Reese and Leigh said...

I have some brush cleaner from Sephora but it's nothing to write home about....the hunt continues...

Aimee L said...

I use and love Clinique's brush cleaner. All of their stuff is scentless, which in my mind just equals a less irritating product.

It works great as both a light cleaner (no rinsing) and a deep cleaner (rinsing with water). I am always amazed at how fast and easy it is to clean my brushes with this product.