Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Got It From My Momma

My Grandmother came in town a while ago and brought pictures for the family that she thought they may want to keep. It was so great to reminisce on old times and seeing my mom and her siblings as children. It was also fun to see some pictures of my sister and I with our cousins and see how much we still look the same! Thought I was going to say "how much we've changed" huh?? Nope, we all look the exact same, but with the bridge of our noses grown in. Ha ha ha.

While looking at the pictures, I couldn't help but notice how hot my mom was! Seriously, she was a fox! Plus, she was also a little fashionista. Everything she was wearing in the pictures I would just die to wear now AND my Grandma made most of the items!

Anyways, the point I want to get to is when my Mother was young, her and my sister look identical. You seriously can't tell them apart except for the age of the picture itelf. However, when my Mom was in her 20s, her and I look the same and my sister doesn't resemble her as much! Check it out-


We have the same nose, cheeks, smile and chin. Plus, we also part our hair on the same side which helps with resembling each other. I never really thought I looked so similar to my mom since I was teased for being adopted growing up (mostly based on our skin color than actual resemblence from ignorant 5 year olds) and my sister was always told how much she looks like her and I was always told I look like my grandmothers.

It made me happy to realize how much my Mother and I look alike. It really meant a lot to me and made my heart feel all warm and cuddly inside. It was cool to know I resembled both sides of my family (my skin tone, hair color, and height all come from my Dad's side).

Isn't it weird how some families, all the children look identical to each other and in some families each child is completely different from the next? Some of my friends, I'd be able to tell who their mother and grandmother were easily in a large crowd because they each look so similar to one another.

Do you look like your family? Who in your family do you look like? Do your siblings and you look alike? Or are you the odd one out?

22 comments :

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look so much like her!! It reminds me of my mom and I. We look like our grandmother when she was younger too. -Misty Stiles

Lindsey said...

It's so true how some families look so much alike and others not so much. My brother and I don't really look that much alike. But I think you can tell we're related.

You and your Mom look like TWINS! SCARY! I don't look like my mom that much, so that is cool!!

Michelle said...

You and your mom look very alike! I look like my mom too! We have the same face just different hair colors. My sister and I don't look alike at all.

Heather said...

YOU GUYS LOOK SO MUCH ALIKE!
I LOOK MORE LIKE MY DAD & HIS FAMILY. MY SISTER LOOKS MORE LIKE MY MOM'S SIDE. YOU CAN'T EVEN REALLY TELL MY SISTER AND I ARE RELATED! SHE'S A TOMBOY AND I AM BEYOND GIRLY. AND WE DON'T LOOK ALIKE. THE ONLY THING THAT IS SIMILAR TO US IS OUR VOICE.

Anonymous said...

OMG you look exactly like your mother! That's so crazy and so amazing too!! I look identical to my mother except that my hair is straight and hers is curly. But I did absolutely get some genes from my father's side of the family (ie my crooked teeth).
PS: It's Frances. I just couldn't sign in.

Anonymous said...

I don't think I look too much like either of my parents but other people will notice the similarities... My sister looks a lot more like my mom - body size/shape, height, facial features. I'm 4" shorter, more petite... It's bizarre!

JMB said...

That picture of your mom looks like a shot of you wearing a brown wig! FOXY!

Kristin said...

Omigosh, I LOVE this!!! What a great way to find out if you'd look good going really dark! :)

My mom and I also look identical in pictures from her 20's! I should try and find some!

Mrs. H said...

Crazy! My sisters and I don't look alike. You can tell we could be sisters but nothing like you and your mom.

Miranda said...

You do look so much alike...your both gorgeous!

Amanda said...

So pretty! Isn't it funny how people change? I used to get that I looked like my dad all the time and now it's my mom. What's funny is my sister always gets told she looks like my mom too, yet we look nothing alike! It's so interesting now that I have my own kids to see who I think they look like (and it's funny how many mixed reviews I get from other people telling me who they look like!)

Hillary said...

You do look alike! I always felt bad growing up that I didn't look anything like either of my parents. My brother looked just like my dad, but blond, and my sister was a carbon copy of my mom. On the other hand, I was pale with light blond hair and blue eyes. Luckily, years later my youngest brother was born and we look alike. But sometimes it still sucks to be out with my mom and sister, and people always assume I'm a friend rather than related.

Taylor said...

HOW ADORABLE!!!!! People say I look JUST like my mom, I don't see it, but I politely say thanks and smile! :)

xo-Taylor
curlyinthecity.com

Steve and Lindsey! said...

Well, being part of your family its well known that none of the Anderson brothers look alike. Which is so funny to me that me and the boys in my family look like twins!! But as I've grown up, I'm become more like my mama!! I've always said that you look like Kurt but have your mom's personality and that Karli looks like your mom with your dad's personality. So funny. Yay for Anderson girls!!!

REBrown said...

You so got it from your Momma!

My sisters and I all look exactly like my mom (short and dark). My dad is tall and blonde....I'm pretty sure no one believes we are his kids.

Rach said...

You do look so much like your mom! And she was gorgey! I look exactly like my dad, except for my coloring. Dad is super dark Italian and I'm fair skinned like my mom.

Cassie said...

I am the odd one out! My mom, dad, and sister all have dark hair and are dark complected! I used to think that I was adopted! So, you're not the only one! :) You do look like her though!!

Jessica said...

You do look so alike! That is really fun. I think I've got features from both of my parents. And so do my kids, Tess has my eyes and Dan's nose, Sophie has my face shape but her dad's eyes and nose. Hard to tell with Jake yet but I think he's similar to Tessa. It is really fun to see the resemblence from our parents and now my kids!

Sierra said...

Oh wow you really do look like her! You both are beautiful! I look a little like my mom and my dad. It's fun because I'm a mix!

Anonymous said...

holy freaking crap!!!!!!! yall look sooo much alike! its those HUGE eyes!!!!

Kristie said...

You look so similar- both of you are gorgeous. I adore your mother- I remember a birthday party of yours and couldn't stop thinking how cool she was. :) Love you!

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

Holy Moly! I can't believe how much you two look alike. How is your cute mom?