Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Product Review: L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara



If you don't already know, I've been a loyal consumer of Maybelline mascara (see here) since I was 13, I haven't worn another brand regularly but theirs. Then, I tried the L'Oreal Double Extend Eye Illuminator (see my review here) and really loved the black mascara end. I said then and there that my next mascara would be a L'Oreal purchase.


Now, to be honest, I felt like I was cheating on my beloved Maybelline, but then I found out their the same company! Woohoo! So I scoured the aisles of Target and read every mascara label and decided on the L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara. It was the same price ($6.50, but I have seen it as high as $8.99...ahem Ulta) as my Maybelline ones and I couldn't wait to try it out.


I really love the packaging, it gives it a very high-end appeal, I especially like the shape and the partially clear lid. This may sound superficial, but ladies, everything is about how a product is presented. This particular tube really stood out to me and seemed very glamourous. I was in. Lots of arm pulling here I assure you.


So I've been using this mascara instead of my Maybelline Volum' Express the Falsies Mascara and I'm hooked. Addicted. Singing it's praises and telling all my girlfriends about it.

The mascara promises to be clump-free, flake-free, smudge-free and also ophthalmologist & allergy tested and suitable for sensitive eyes & contact lens wearers. This definitely holds true and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. It's very light weight, you can't feel it on your lashes at all, it holds a curl very well, and there's no flaking! Which I've had a problem with on other mascaras. It really lengthens and separates my lashes without any clumps and applies evenly.


Here's a side by side comparison of the L'Oreal vs Maybelline:

L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara:



Maybelline Volum' Express the Falsies Mascara
 

The L'Oreal mascara makes my lashes seem so much fuller and prominent. I know it's not a night and day difference (maybe some of you can't see any difference at all), but you can see the biggest difference at my outer lashes, they're so much fuller. The mascara is also darker, both mascaras are the blackest black, but I think that L'Oreal is somehow richer.

Can you see a difference? I feel like it might be one of those instances where you feel like you're having a bad hair day, but to everyone else it looks the same as always. I mostly love the lightweight feel and separation it gives me. I think this is also a perfect mascara for ladies with full lashes and need the extra length.

What brand of mascara do you swear by? Have you used L'Oreal before? 

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

i was waiting on this review because you totally know this is a product i swear by and it looks like it totally did your eyes well! i do notice a difference on the fullness/volume aspect for sure.

and you're totally right, there is zero flaking from it. i love this product :)

It's A Love Story said...

i LOVE and use L'Oreal volume is works great!!

Kristin said...

oooooh! I'm in the market for a new mascara so your timing is perfect! I will definitely give this a try. Is it waterproof? I have really bad allergies so my eyes water all the livelong day.

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

The mascara looks great! I never wear any because it irritates my eyes but I might try this one!

Chelsea said...

After seeing this on Megan's blog and now yours {and both of you loving it} I seriously need to try this. I've been so torn on which mascara to try next haha. The packaging is gorgeous!

Lynnette said...

I use L'Oreal and love it! I stopped trying different brands bc I always go back to L'Oreal.

*Lynnette
http://www.theblondebrunette.com/

Anonymous said...

You know about my afinity for mascara! Can't wait to try this one next!

Michele C said...

I have tried Falsies and wasn't a big fan. Dry and clumpy to me. I just bought They're Real by Benefit and I think this is the best mascara I have tried yet. I have been using Mary Kay's Ultimate Mascara which is also good. Thanks for the post!

Roxanne said...

I use this mascara and I love it!


xoxo,
Roxanne