Wednesday, September 14, 2011

People's 10 Best Dressed 2011

People has released their top best dressed celebs for 2011, do you agree? Here's their list and my thoughts.
Blake Lively: I love her and she definitely belongs on any best dressed list ever made. She always looks fabulous.
Jennifer Lopez: This woman is smoking! She takes risks, is always trying new trends, and rarely looks less than gorgeous.
Mila Kunis: Agreed! Mila has shown us her fashion savvyness this year and she really shines.
Jennifer Aniston: This I don't agree with because she always looks the same! She rarely tries anything new. I guess that's why people like her though? She sticks with the classics? I do love her new hair cut though.
Jennifer Hudson: She has looked smoking this past year, but I'm not sure if I'd put in the top 10 list.
Jessica Alba: Last year, I wouldn't have agreed, but this year she has really brought it to the red carpet.
Kate Middleton: Duh. This is an obvious choice. She is chic, chic, chic!
Kate Bosworth: I adore her, but another one I'm not sure if I'd put on a top 10 list.
Ginnifer Goodwin: She belongs only for the fact that she tries something new almost each time and really switches up look.
Reese Witherspoon: Every girl's bff! She's always looks classic and beautiful.

Ok, the only people I'd list for this year instead of some of these ladies would be:
Emma Watson: This girl is gorgeous and I've loved all her looks this year.
Rosie Huntington-Whitely: She has killed it this year and looks spectacular in her fashion choices.
Kate Hudson: Another woman who has been exceptional this year, AND pregnant while looking constantly fab.

Who would be on your list?

8 comments :

Anonymous said...

Agree with all of your picks!

Rissy said...

Bible- one of my first thoughts when I saw this list was "Kristen would/should put something about this on her blog" haha I maybe have ESP


CarissaExplainsItAll

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

Oh wow. I am so conflicted with this list. J. Hud-No, J. An-NO, Reese-No

Missing: Rachel Bilson, Emma Watson, Kourtney Kardashian and a couple more that I am blanking on.

This is BEST dressed. To me that means every day, every picture, every opportunity. Wearing high/low, taking chances, partnering with designers, editors and lines, AND keeping your personal sense of style.

Anonymous said...

First off, if I had Blake's legs, I'd be on every best dressed list too :)

For this list I don't agree with Jennifer Aniston at ALL...like you said, she is always the same and while I thought Jennifer Lopez looked great this year, I am kind of annoyed with her (ok truth be told I wanted Marc Anthony and her to last and I don't think it was his fault), and I think Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson should share the pregnant spot (not room for two preggers on my list).

I do agree Emma Watson is missing for sure. I also think Diane Kruger is missing. I think she always looks unique and stunning. I also think if we can go on every-day fashion (because it looks like Kate Bosworth who I totally think should be on it...is more everyday fashion), then Rachel Bilson earns a spot just as Mandy suggested.

I think Rosie is beautiful, but I think she has more to prove since I've only seen her a few times this year :)

Yay i love things like this :) You should give me some of your creativity so I can come up with fun posts!

Anonymous said...

i definitely agree with emma watson, she has really come out this year and made grown up but age appropriate choices while showing some creativity and taking good risks.

Rosie definitely has looked amazing, as she would in sweatpants, and i will look forward to seeing how she evolves over another year in the fashion spotlight.

i would consider adding to this list:
Zoe Saldana--while not necessarily my tastes, she still takes risks and typically pulls them off well.
Diane Krueger--hello. ridiculous she wasn't included.
Victoria Beckham--always looking...posh. haha.

i would delete from this list:
Jennifer Aniston--i can see her being on a top 10 list a couple years ago, but seriously, what is different in her wardrobe from 2008-now?
Jennifer Hudson? no way. yeah she lost some lbs and can wear tighter more awesome clothes. good for her, but that doesn't deserve a "best dressed" nod.

those are my comments. your welcome :)

Jenny said...

I agree with most....Except J. Lo when she pulls her hair back. *sigh* She just should never wear her hair like that. I think she's beautiful, but....sadly not like that.

I agree about Jennifer Anniston. She does always dress the same, boring way. I think she always looks great, but best dressed? Hardly.

Chelsea Mac said...

I agree more with this list than I have others, but I totally agree that there were some people who could have definitely made the list over others. Love love love Emma Watson!

Anonymous said...

I'd kick Kate Bosworth off and add Emma Watson in her place. I am a big fan of Blake Lively's style, mostly her red carpet looks.