Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Jewelry Staples

I buy a lot of accessories, but I really just stick to the basics. Every now and then I'll bust out something exciting, but in real life I wear very minimal jewelry day to day. Every chica is different so I thought I'd share with you what my everyday pieces.

Michael Kors Resin Bracelet Watch
1. A watch
I've worn a watch every single day since the fourth grade. Don't beleve me? Ask around. It killed me not to wear one to formals and to my wedding. I instead, tucked it into my handbag. My favorites are men inspired bracelet watches with a somewhat large face. I wear the one above, but it's no longer available. Michael Kors is probably one of my favorite watch brands and they make other similar ones (so does Fossil which is the same company).

2. Stud Earrings
When in doubt, a stud usually works best. My go-to earrings are either simple diamond or pearl studs. I have a couple that are a bit dressier that I switch it up with, but you rarely see me with dangly earrings, they just hurt my ears.

3. Rings
I've worn one ring on each hand all of my life. It varied between a total of 2-4, but they were always there. For whatever unknown reason, I can't stand wearing a ring on my index finger even though I love the look. Right now I wear my engagement ring and wedding band on my left hand and Tiffany & Co Paloma's Tenderness Heart ring on my right.

4. Pearls
Either a long chain or a simple shorter pearl. I love pearl necklaces because they're classics, but I always feel costume-y when I wear one. A single pearl necklace is one of my favorites that I wear most often, it was also the Pearl Award I was given by my Chi Omega sorority my last year of college (the one above isn't the one I have, but is similar). The H gave me Return to Tiffany pearl bracelet as a wedding gift which I always wear. 

5. Necklaces
Along with the above similar pearl necklace, I also wear Jungwha's Tiny Gold Puffy Heart (see my review here) and Jane Seymour's Open Heart Necklace that the Mr gave me a few years ago as a birthday present. I love simple necklaces that can be worn daily and match nearly everything. I also apparently really love heart stuff. I get it from my Mom.

Accessorizing is the best way to mix up your look and add a pop of color or a statement piece to your look, but in all honesty, the only two items I wear every single day regardless of what I'm doing is my wedding ring and watch.

What do you wear most often? What are your jewelry staples?

12 comments :

Rissy said...

I wear the EXACT same thing almost every day. So first I need to say that you make me feel more normal...

I wore a watch everyday for a long time then stopped in college because being a dance major doesn't lend itself to wearing any jewelry really. My fake diamond studs always remained though. And now I watch a diamond tennis bracelet and silver watch on my left hand everyday-- memories a bit : )

~!@ngell@!~ said...

love that watch. Ive been wanting one like that for the longest time. Hopefully soon...I used to wear long earrings all the time, but you are right, a stud works best most of the time. :)

Katy said...

I am notorious for wearing a lot of jewelry and also losing it! I am a watch pearl girl as well!
Love your taste you have the best!
xo
KATY

Brittany said...

I love that watch, I want to get one similar for Christmas. I usually wear my big stud pearl earrings everyday along with my other jewelry.

ali v. said...

I wore a watch for years too! I stopped wearing it when I broke the one I loved my junior year of college...and have never found a perfect replacement ;) I wear a great pair of CZ pave earrings from Banana on a daily basis, along with a kiddy Yurman bracelet I got as a gift, my grandmother's monogram necklace, and my wedding ring {of course!}. I love that little gold heart you wear! So precious :) have a great Thursday! xoxo {av} | {long distance loving}

Keri said...

I am exactly like you! I only recently started buying fun necklaces and I have a few chunky bracelets that I will wear when going out, b/c it does really spruce up an outfit. But my daily jewlery consists of: a diamond bracelet watch, 2 pairs of diamond studs, a tennis bracelet, one ring on each hand and a necklace that I bought for Valentine's Day. I like to keep it simple :)
Love your blog!

REBrown said...

I love that watch! I very rarely wear a watch, but I'm trying to get into it more.

Rach said...

I usually wear different jewelry every day. I always wear some sort of earrings and bracelet, but rarely wear rings or necklaces. I have a vintage watch with a heart shaped diamond face that I love, and I've been on the lookout for a simple every day watch. Just haven't found the perfect one yet.

Anonymous said...

i think its time i get a watch

Unknown said...

I'm known for always wearing the same jewelry all the time, but lately have been trying out different pieces here and there. Its kind of fun. I always go back to my staples though which is my T&Co. necklace from the hubs, my wedding rings, and my stacking rings. :)

Rochel Faltus said...

I'm into bracelets, and that's why I don't have room for a watch. But whenever I go to the washroom, I usually have this habit of misplacing my bracelet whenever I wash my hands (which, I think, is quite common among women). Maybe I'd try stud earrings for a change.

Bridget Rossi said...

Stud earrings could be right for you, Rochel. They’re so easy to wear and remove, and definitely my top choice in the comfort category. Just like what Kristen said, it doesn’t hurt her ears when she’s using it. But be sure to choose a pair that will complement most of your outfits, so you can use it on any occasion.