Thursday, September 22, 2011

My First Vlog! How To Do A Smoky Shadow

Wowowowow guys! I'm so so excited to post this, lots of you have asked for it before and I did do a picture tutorial here, but a vlog is so much better. I love watching other vlogs and seeing how they applied their makeup and brushes used.

So, I did do my face makeup first because like I say in the video, I didn't want to be a zombie and scare you folks! Usually, I always do my shadow first so if I have to clean up under my eyes from fall out it's easy to do.

Here's the look I'm re-creating, it's the one I wore for the Vegas Bachelorette Party in the UD Naked Palette Review

Sorry for some of the mumbling, at those parts I'm just saying how awkward/weird it is to do your makeup into your computer because your image is mirrored.

Ok, so here it is! Awesome opening pic right?

For the shadows I used UD Palete Sidecar, Smog, Hustle.You could also use MAC Romp and Woodwinked. MAC Typographic- for a darker look use MAC Carbon. Victoria Secret All-Over Powder in Star, this also looks great on your cheeks over your blush. Victoria Secret Beauty Rush in Gold Rush is also great.

Again, this look is great for any eye shape. You want the darkest color at your lash line and go lighter as you get into your crease. If you have small eye lids, I would probably just use 2-3 colors, the middle all over your lid, the medium on your lash line to mid-lid and the darkest on your lash line. 

Here's a guide for the shadows and the placement as well.

So what do you think? Are you going to try it? Any suggestions for my next vlog or tips in making a better one?

13 comments :

Heather said...

I am impressed!

AmandaG said...

Great video! Good ideas for next time I go out!

Vanessa said...

Awesome job, loved the vlog :)! Great smokey eye too, I'm thinking about doing it for my night out tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

yeah love the video! cant wait to try it!

amy b.s. said...

love the way it turned out! so pretty1

palmandpineblog said...

This is great! Thanks for posting ;)

xo, tasha
twenty-something blog

Anonymous said...

First of all it was awesome. You had me laughing so hard with the brushes tho. Question...what did you use to prep your eyes? I would assume a primer, but did you already have liner on? Also, I need to know what brushes you use!

Kristen said...

thanks so much ladies!

Erin- I didn't use a primer in the video, but I usually use UD Primer Potion or MAC

Anonymous said...

vlog vlog vlog!!! you did a great job and should do more of these fo sho. and your hair looks fantastic! i really need the naked palette.

Michelle said...

YAY for a vlog! I love smoky eyes! I need to get my hands on the urban decay palette!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

Ah I LOVED this vlog!! I'm going to try this (with the few colors that I have) for the cruise next week. I' so happy you did this, you did a great job!

Michelle Lee said...

Love it :) your newest follower here!

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

You did SO SO SO good! I love hearing people's voices!

I NEED to do my eye make up more but shy away from it. I have the greasiest eyelids so I feel like it looks awful after an hour. BOO!

Thanks for sharing, friend! XO