Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Fave New Fall Color

I know I just posted about the new Fall nail collections here, but my personal go-to color this season is going to Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Ruby Rush. It's a beautiful deep raspberry with shimmer. I just love it. I first saw it in People StyleWatch and headed out to 3 stores before spotting it.


In real life, it's much more deep than in the pictures (below first w/o flash and then with), and more purple, almost plum. You can see the shade better here at Never Enough Nails. It's a very dark wine color and I just love it. I'm obsessed. I usually wait until it's colder before busting out dark nails, but I couldn't wait any longer to wear this shade.


Sally Hansen, as always, really delivers. They are my favorite polish brand, colors are always opaque (the pics show two coats, but one would have been enough), and dries so quickly. This color is very similar to Essie's Carry On, but contains shimmer. Very close though in color.

What shades will you be wearing this fall?

8 comments :

Lindsey said...

Love that color, I agree that Sally Hansen nail polish is amazeballs. They have the best brushes I've ever seen. That color if gorge and I really like Carry On too. I just bought that OPI brown one with shimmer that I blogged about recently. It looked way cooler in the picture then in real life but I still like it.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! i had my toes painted a dark color, but just wasn't ready yet so i got a pedi yesterday and they are now a nice nude.
Sally Hansen is def the best deal out there. i obviously am not afraid to spend some loot, but $8 for a small container of nail polish just doesn't do it for me. i will most certainly be picking up this color asap :)

Sarah said...

ohhhh that's an awesome color!! I didn't use to like sally hanson..but I think she has stepped up her game recently!

Vanessa said...

LOVE that color, it's beautiful. I've been leaning towards deep eggplant purples, wine/burgundy colors, and deeper reds...along with gunmetal grays. So ready for fall colors in everything :).

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I freaking love this color! You know I'm going to have to go buy it now :P

Lyndsy said...

ooh i do love Insta-dri by Sally Hansen! that color looks so pretty! must check it out :)

Rose said...

I have always been partial to metallic polish. Right now I like Essie's Steeling The Scene.

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

That is a GORGEOUS color. I am wearing Carry On right now. It looks almost black with 2 coats on. Yours looks way more red!