Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Awesome on Etsy: Junghwa by Amy Stewart



I just bought two of Tiny Gold Puffy Heart - Amore for my sister and I for her 25th birthday from Junghwa by Amy Stewart on Etsy and I'm in love with her shop. It's full of sweet and delicate pieces that are great for everyday wear. You can check out her store goods here on Etsy and her blog Jungwha here.




Aren't they just lovely! It was so hard choosing just one piece from her shop, I want to start a collection.


Bridal cap by Twigs & Honey
Photograph by Elizabeth Messina

Amy was sweet enough to answer a few of my questions to share with all you lovely ladies:

1. How did you learn to make jewelry?
    I learned how to make jewelry by a lot of trial and error. I was shopping around for some items and when I couldn't find what I was looking for, I decided to make my own. I've always wanted to be a designer, so my sister (Myra Callan of Twigs & Honey) gave me a push to open up my own Etsy shop.




2. Which piece is your favorite? I know it must be hard, i had a hard time choosing which piece to purchase!

14k Gold Filled Beaded Layering Necklace - Satellite - Babys Breath (also available in silver)

     My favorite pieces are definitely my Babys Breath necklaces. They are beaded (satellite) chains that I designed as long infinity layering necklaces. I make them in 14k gold filled and sterling silver. I've seen some sellers copy them and make plated versions but mine are high quality and gorgeous!! I wear them all the time.


3. What are your goals for your Etsy shop?
    My goal for my Etsy shop is to continue to grow so that I can continue to work from home and be with my baby. I used to be a Certified Medical Assistant and left to be a stay-at-home mom. My shop is my livelihood and I have been blessed that it gives me the opportunity to be with my son every single day and also help provide for my family.


4. What advice do you have for other crafters/designers?
    The best advice that I can give other crafters & designers is to always be original. Creativity is the best and hardest part about designing anything. The world is more amazing and more beautiful because of all the creative people out there. If you have a passion for something, go for it!


Thanks so much for the interview Amy and I adore your mad jewelry making skills! My sister and I absolutely love our new necklaces and get compliments on them every where we go. They're perfect for everyday wear and for layering. It's lovely and delicate and somehow even more gorgeous in person.

Here's a close-up pic of me wearing mine:
LOVE it! I can't take it off!

PS did you guys notice the new banner and page tabs at the top? LLP is making some changes to the layout! What do you think? Any suggestions?

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

love the layout and i ADORE that necklace!

Unknown said...

Love this etsy store. thanks for sharing it. I am so going shopping now ;)
xo
samantha

Megan said...

I love Amy's shop! I have a rope bracelet from her. :)

Meggy from Chasing Davies

Jessica Nicole said...

Love the new layout and that necklace is so dainty and beautiful. :)

Kerr said...

Love your necklace. I am going to check out her shop now, thanks!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the feature! So very sweet. Hearts, hearts and more hearts!!

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

OH my! SO so so darling. What a perfect gift and fun to match with your sis!

Anonymous said...

these are gorgeous! i love how small and intricate they look!!!

: i cant wait to see your review on the mascara next week! it is my absolute FAV!

Lyndsy said...

Love it sooo much! SO perfect!