Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I Tried It: The Plus-One Pedicure


New nails trends were featured in Glamour's July 2011 issue (with Blake Lively as the covergirl- love her!) and I couldn't wait to try out this trend on my toes. I even tweeted the look I liked it so much. I've been rocking the trend on my fingers for almost a year now (first blogged about it here when Vanessa Hudgens first rocked it) and thought it would look bomb on my toes too.

FAIL.

EPIC FAIL.

I'm not even going to show you a pic of my toes, because it's embarrassing. It just didn't look right and I felt like a child who painted each finger a different color. My H even thought I did it by mistake...along with everyone else. So this is definitely a no-go in my book. The trend looked great on glossy pics, not so much in person. Maybe it will catch on and grow on me though?

Also, I wanted to let you all know that I've upped my one-nail trend to two nails and like the look even better. It's perfect for giving the peace sign too because you get one nail of each color ha ha.


(see my OPI Shatter review here).

So ladies, would you rock the look on your toes? Do you do it to your mani? Do you think this Plus-One Pedi will catch on?


**Don't forget to enter my giveaway for 250 flyers that can be used as announcements, invites and more enter here**

10 comments :

Cami said...

CUTE! You pull it out well. I wouldn't be able to do it...I'd look like a fool.

<3-Cami from First Day of My Life Life

cheryl denise said...

it seems like a good idea - but i can see how you may not love it in person. i've never tried it on my mani or pedi, but i think i'd like to once i have a shiny ring on a certain finger ;)

cheryl
a peek of chic

Katy said...

I almost lways have one nail thats painted different. One time my dr was so blunt and rude and was like "WHY DO YOU HAVE ONE NAIL THATS DIFFERENT?!" hahaha.
I like your pink n crackle looks so pretty!
:)
KATY
PS Blake is pretty awesome.

Vanessa said...

The last time I painted one nail different, my bf looked at me and goes, "babe, don't get mad, but I think you messed up on your nail paint." He can't wrap his mind around crackle polishes either, he thinks they look like a child drew on my nails with a sharpie. I've just stopped trying to explain nail trends to him lol.

The crackle looks really cute on your nails though, I should pick one up before the trend goes away!

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

I would probably pass on this trend since it would look like I'm easily distracted and can't stay focused enough to finish one color. I do agree though the magazines make it look intriguing (sp?)

Hope you're having a great week!

Rebecca said...

love it on my nails, idk about my toes!

kimberly @ lush lounge said...

I loooove the black with one white!! I've tried the OPI black crackle and looved it too! I had them done profesionally do it looked better then if I would have done it myself I'm sure lol.
xo, kimberly
http://lushdeez.blogspot.com

Chuck said...

I did similar on a mani, but doing it for the pedi (to me) would seem a little odd.

I'm posting about my week's worth of at home manis...
I think you'll like it ;)

ChuckRefreshed

REBrown said...

The pedi would make it look weirder. I've been wanting to try the mani where the ring finger is slightly different.

Lyndsy said...

Probably not on my toes but love the look on the fingers :) I got the OPI shatter polish in black and used it this past weekend on my toes. Loved the look!