Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hair 911...

Ok, so maybe not 911, but I've been dying to switch up my hair for months, but couldn't because of the wedding. I mean, I didn't want to try a new cut or color on a day I'm taking 1000s of pictures, what if it turned out fugly?? (my hair stylist is bomb.com so I'm sure it wouldn't, but it's still risky to try something new before the big day).


So again, I'm dying for a change. A new cut? A new color? I love my hair and color now, but I need something different. I've been rocking this look for a while and need to switch it up. Years ago in my man-eating party college days I had a different cut or color every appointment. Purple streaks? Yep. Mohawk short on top of long hair? Yep. No I didn't style it like that, it was just crazy layers. I would seriously go to my stylist with some punk rock look and tell her, "can you do this in a sorority girl way? ok, thanks". No joke.


Here's some looks that have caught my eye, mind you I may just go into my appointment and say "do whatever you want N, I trust you!", I might say "the usual please" or go in with some awesome photos and tips from my blog friends.


Here's my ideas:


For a cut: I'm thinking of taking just a few inches off. I love the "lob" (long bob) and have rocked it several times over the years, even before it was hip. Here's where it gets tricky though. I LOVE short hair, but then I LOVE really long mermaid hair too. I always cut my hair with the thought of "why not? that's what extensions are for". Which would be my theory now, but my hair is almost to the length I want. Only 3 more inches to go- I even busted out a ruler to double check. So cutting it now would kind of feel like giving up. After that argument with myself I think, "well K, what are you going to when it gets that length? Cut it then?". See? It's a constant inner battle. So check these cuts, but think my current blonde color.
 

Here's a pic of me when I had a "lob", sorry it's such a small pic

For the color: I am in love with the ombre look (wasn't feeling it at first, but it's really grown on me). I'm scared sick to try it though because there's so many bad dyes out there trying to get this color right. If I went ombre, I would want a more natural color change, and not a horizontal line where the magic happens. Maybe just bleaching out my tips? Here's the colors I like, let me know your thoughts. Cameron and Spencer's colors are my most fave, a really nice blending of shades.

Then, here's short crops I would love to rock if I had the guts to go this short again. The hubster may have a heart attack if I came home with these cuts, he's a die hard fan of ultra long locks.
 

So far, the Hub and my Mom want me to do nothing, just keep it as is.
My gf's want me to cut it.

So ladies, please dish. All comments and opinions are welcome!

19 comments :

Kristin said...

I am the same way...it has been KILLING me to keep my hair this length and this color. Pretty sure after the wedding I am chopping it off (LOVE the lob) and either going platinum or super dark.

I say cut it! It will always grow back (or just extension it up!)

Hikari said...

I was looking at a picture of you and your sister together at your wedding and thinking how jealous I am about how gorgeous you both are. I love your sister's hair color. You should go dark! I bet it'd be gorgeous, even though I love your blonde. Every time I freak out about different hair, I remember it's not a tattoo and that I can always change it again, grow it out, or get extensions. So have some fun with it!

Val said...

I'd love to go shorter!! But, I'm a creature of habit. Sigh. If you can do it...I'd say cut it. You will look amazing no matter what you do.

Carolyn said...

I vote long and ombre! But I am a chicken when it comes to cutting my hair! LOL

Kathryn said...

Personally, I would not cut it just because I never feel as pretty when my hair is not blond and when my hair is not long. That's just me. I want to get my husband excited, not my girlfriends. You are gorgeous and you have beautiful hair!!! KEEP IT! :)

~Nikki Pullen said...

Don't cut it!!! Just change the color or add color. That can always be changed...length...now so much : )

Maura said...

i love mixing up hair styles, it's one of the great things about being a girl! i say cut it!

Alison Lee said...

If I had long hair, I would definitely color it like Lauren Conrad's! Her hair is to die for!

shay said...

whatever you decide, i say only do one thing that you would consider drastic... i did way too much once and was miserable for weeks. picture streaky highlighted asian mullet. LOL

i love the cut of gwenyth if you want to go short (you can see my post on tape extensions at http://shayssilverlinings.blogspot.com/2011/06/tape-extensions.html) and i love lauren conrad's color (but long)...

Anonymous said...

i love your hair. now. dont change!(coming from the girl who will soon be ombre)

Chelsea Mac said...

I love love love the 'lob' and think you can totally rock it! But I also think your hair is fabulous as is. The problem I run into is the second I cut my hair, I have hair remorse and long for what I used to have. Good news is, there are always extensions if you want a long hair day! Good luck with the decision!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

First I just want to say that you look soo cute in your picture with the lob!!
Ok so I think that whatever you choose would be great. The lob obviously looks fab on you and is a great option bc it's not too short. BUT if you end up wanting to keep your length then the ombre would look super-fab I think (and there's less commitment bc you can always change the color back). I think the LC ombre would look super nice on you!

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

I am ALL about the Ombre and have done it in a more "natural" way for the past six months. It has made the world of difference in the growing out phase! I say DON'T cut it!! I always regret it after. And MERMAID hair is the best :)

trace28 said...

About a month ago I cut off 10 inches of my hair to donate...I had been terrified to do it but had long hair for so long that I was sick of it also. And now I love that it's shorter! Especially in the summer time. I say go for it!

Anonymous said...

i would love to see you with a lob again! i think it looks stunning on you and i love the photos you chose of celebs who have it!!!

either way...im curious (and way excited) to see what you do!!! :)

J @ The Look 4 Less said...

I love your hair long but it's so cute shorter too! I am getting my hair cut tomorrow and am seriously considering bringing that Sandra Bullock photo - I LOVE her hair there!

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

as I always say, it's just hair! it always grows back, have fun while youre young!

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Well....you know I'm going to say chop it all off, but I think the lob is a fair midpoint to keep hubby happy. Whatever you do - keep it blonde :)

Anonymous said...

Your hair is nice now, but I think a pixie would be so cute on you!! The Paris Hilton cut but a little shorter would be fab!