Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Do or Don't: Woven Bags


Remember in junior high and some high school when woven bags were the hot item to have? Well I've been seeing them all over the stores! Target, Kohl's, the mall, everywhere. At first I loved them, but didn't know if they were really in style or just some passing summer trend. Then I saw them featured as a trend on People's site and it got me thinking. When I talked to my sister she said the bags were only for "old ladies" and I kind of agree with her, but they're so perfect for summer and especially the beach!

Here's some I've found online:
Michael Kors Santorini

bamboula ltd. market tote from Madewell


Club Monaco Tall Straw Tote

The display at Target

What do you girls think- yay or nay?

16 comments :

Michelle said...

YAY! I love them for summer! I think they are great! Target has a cute one that I really want to get!

A Little Bit of This & That

Anonymous said...

Woven bags are fantastic for summer! I have the striped Merona one from target and carry it often. They are a "Yes" in my book!

Allison said...

I love them! Juicy Couture has an AMAZING one that I have been lusting over

Anonymous said...

DO! I want the Madewell one!

Ruby said...

Adore for Summer and own a couple!

Inna xoxo said...

OMG i LOVE the Michael Kors one! Goooorgeous!
& i think woven bags are super cute for summer w a cute summer dress!
xoxo Inna :)

Hikari said...

I like them alright, but probably wouldn't ever buy one. I love colorful cloth bags for the beach!

shay said...

i say Yay! especially for the beach... i actually am eyeing up the navy striped one in the target pic above... :P

REBrown said...

I love straw bags and always take them to the beach. I definitely wouldn't carry them regularly though.

= said...

yes i love them!!

Mandy @ In the Fashion Lane said...

I only carry woven as a beach bag. I actually really like the blue striped one from Target. Almost bought it. It actually looks EXACTLY like a Tory Burch one, without the emblem.

Love the post :)

Fash Boulevard said...

must be a beach bag, or so not ok. thanks for another amazing post love. please swing by to see pics of my latest celebrity trend report. xoxo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

Veronika said...

I say yay! I love them :)

At least I'm skinny said...

I also say yes for them. I love carrying mine during the summer.

Anonymous said...

i am loving the blk/white stripes!
i think they are great for summer, but watch out, cause they can pick your clothes!

kraer11 said...

I'm thinking yay! I was wondering the same thing myself and started seeing more and more of them. I think I'm going to buy the navy striped one from Target. I kept picking it up last time I was there.

http://seekershop.blogspot.com