Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Another Awesome Braid

A few weeks ago, Kim Kardashian's braid she wore to the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards was a huge hit with you ladies (check it out here if you missed it) and I was trolling my saved pictures that I keep for fashion/beauty inspiration and these two caught my eye!


Now, I've down a braid like this before, of course I don't have any pics to show you... yet- I'll rock it again, but it was so easy! It's similar to braiding the big side of your part (by big I mean the side with more hair), but this allows you to rock hair in the front and still rock a braid. Two for one, bananas.

Do you like it? Do you think it's too much?

Do you think braids will ever be out? I sure hope not, because I've always rocked them- it's just such a simple way to keep your hair out of your face. What's your favorite braid trend so far?

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I love braids, but I'm not sure how much I like these! Don't get me wrong, Liv and Kate can totally pull anything off, I just know I couldn't rock it!

Hikari said...

Oooh! I have never seen it like this before. I'm totally going to try this out. I love it. Can't wait to see your pictures of it. If you do it, you should also include a tutorial, because I have a feeling I could probably use some tips.

amy b.s. said...

i've been digging the braid trend lately, but i'm not sure i could rock these. but obviously someone can!

REBrown said...

I love Liv Tyler and I love braids....they are both stunning!

Jules said...

I think some variation of a braid will always be in style and I love this twist on the look. This has an edgier look to it, which I like. I'd probably rock this for a night out or concert.

Kristen said...

I definitely think this look could be hard to pull off, it just depends on where you're going and what you're wearing.

Hikari- If I do rock the look, I'll be sure to do a tutorial.

Jules- Perfect for a concert! Maybe I'll sport it to Glee.