Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Recent Purchases

M·A·C 'Sheen Supreme' Lipstick in Can't Get Enough

This is the lipstick I wore/bought after having my make-up done for my Bachelorette Party It lasts pretty long and is really moisturizing.
M·A·C 34 Lash
I wore/bought these lashes as well for my Bachelorette Party on the 2nd night in the fuschia dress. They're the same ones Kim Kardashian often wears and even though they feel really lightweight, they are ridiculously long. Like clown-like almost.

AE Distressed Denim Midi Short in Medium Destroyed
I've been on the look out for some shorts that are short, but not short-shorts. Also some with a tailored edge, however, they are no where to be found! The sweet Vanessa of Nessa Loves Makeup foun some super cute ones for me at PacSun, but they didn't hit a good place on my legs. Such a bummer because I loved them. These shorts are the perfect length and the cuff are pretty cute.


F21 Cotton Short w/ Striped Belt in Denim
Product Code: 2074245057
I found these shorts and they totally fit the bill for what I was looking for. They're not really denim, just cotton made to look like denim. They're still short, but not bootie shorts. It's a really flattering length and I'm looking forward to dressing them up this summer.


F21 Racerback Tank in Neon Pink
Product Code: 2000012313
So I know this kind of looks like a work out tank, and maybe it will eventually end up as one, but the bright color just screams summer to me. It will look great layered with a white tank (it's kind of low cut IRL), some layered jewelry and my cut-offs.


F21 Wild Animal Tunic
Product Code: 2075852268
I saw this shirt/tunic worn as a dress last summer at a club. The girl told me she bought it at F21 and I scoured the website and stores the rest of the month. When I saw this pop up online I knew I HAD to have it. It's so cute by itself over shorts/pants, but also make a great cover-up. It's barely long enough to be worn as a dress, so I'm looking forward to wearing it on our Honeymoon.

Shopping Fail
AE Vintage Denim High-Waisted Shortie in Light Vintage Wash
Girls, high-waisted shorts are NOT for me. Definitely not. I thought these shorts were so cute, I loved the outlined pockets and the color and thought that I might be hip enough to pull off wearing them around my hips. Then I got home and tried them again that way and the crotch area hangs way too low. When I showed my mom, she told me "I lived in the high-waisted time, and I didn't even like it then."

My Lust List
American Apparel Medium Leather Carry-All Pouch in Tan
I love clutches. I have tons of colors and different sizes. I've had my eye on this purse for a LONG time and after this post at A Piece of Toast I'm dead set on getting it. My birthday is coming up and I'm hoping this will magically show up on my door step. Hint hint. :D

I also bought several books, The Help and Water for Elephants after reading them I had to own them and went on a hunt. FYI the best retail stores for them are: Costco for Water for Elephants ($8.99) and Target for The Help ($17.49) - only available in hardback, paperback won't be out for months (according to the Barnes and Noble associate). At Costco, I also picked up Jane Eyre, Still Alice, Little Bee and The Alchemist. I’ve found that when I buy books before reading them they usually suck, but Costco said I can bring them back if I don’t like them. I’ve missed out on so many books there because I don’t buy them when I see them, read them later and love them. They’re all around $8.99 for paperback so that’s a steal! I work across the street from the library so I'll check them out from there, I don't want to return used books to Costco- that's kind of ghetto.

Ok, I think this is my last shopping extravaganza. Boo hoo hoo. I'm putting a self-imposed ban on purchasing unnecessary items (like clothes or make-up). I've been cleaning my room and sorting out old summer clothes and I really don't need anymore. I did need some shorts bc I no longer fit into my old shorts, not that I care though! I've never had shapely thighs or a rear-end so bring it on (to those areas only please, leave my buddha belly alone). These two pair, plus another pair that still fit will be enough to get me by. Plus, the wedding is coming up so fast and the Mister will be placing a permanent ban on all shopping so I might as well get a headstart.

What have you been buying or eyeing for the summer? Do you have any of these items? Have you read any of the books?

12 comments :

Michelle said...

I really love that animal tunic! You are right, that would be really great for your honeymoon. I may have to order that for mine! Have a good Wednesday!

Rissy said...

I need to retire the cut off jean shorts I've been rocking since high school... yea i just admitted to having them for about 7 years.

I totally thought that tunic was a romper when I first looked at the pic. Love the pattern! Do you do rompers? or do you think they should only be for babies?! I totally love them... and referring to them as onesies.

CarissaExplainsItAll

Kerr said...

I am so ready to shop for summer but I've got home repairs eating up my budget. Total bummer.

Anonymous said...

Ohh I need to go to Mac today I may scoop up that lip color

Anonymous said...

Totally loving those eyelashes from MAC! I saw them recently and even though they are superlong, I like that they have a more "natural" appearance to them. I think they'd blend it decent with mine!

I am currently reading "Hypnotisøren"...it's a Swedish novel in Norwegian. It is a thriller so it's pretty good so far! I need to start reading more often. I'm lucky to make it on like two books a year (sooo embarrassing).

Lost in Chicago... said...

You will love The Help- it mentions Chi Omega in it a few times! I'm reading Water For Elephants now then I'm onto Something Borrowed. I'm trying to read the book before the movies come out. I've had the Alchemist for 2 maybe 3 years now and haven't gotten into reading it. Let me know how you like it.

REBrown said...

I'd love to be able to wear false eyelashes, but I can never put them on right!

C Mae said...

I hate short shorts. really no one wants to see the view of all that Jean up your ass. hahaha.

With Teaching, I have to wear shorts to the knee, which thankfully is in "style" lol. I have 2 pair of shorts that aren't super short or long they are from Express and the Buckle. Have you tried there?

Lindsey said...

LOVE the F21 Animal Tunic (among all your other purchases). Was anyone able to find the tunic? I am dying here. It seems to be one of those "I have to have this" items.

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said...

ohmygosh loooooove that tunic~!!!!!!

I wonder if they have it at my store? totally gonna check it out! <3 thx girl!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Jules said...

I really want to get the new Sheen Supreme lipstick in the color Supremely Confident. It looks like a nice nude. The AE jean shorts and F21 tank are both really cute.

I love the leather pouch on your lust list! I need that for vacation. I’m in the middle of reading Water for Elephants and I’m loving it.

Anonymous said...

For the Animal Tunic from F21, it is the same pattern as in the picture, worn by the girl? I just ordered this, but saw that there is a difference in the one the girl is wearing, and the other picture they show!