Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Bridal Shower Make-up

For the shower, I had planned on doing my make-up myself, but I needed to get some things from MAC so I figured I should take full advantage and also get my make-up done as well. I mean why the H not right?

So, for my inspiration, I literally said "I want to look like Carrie Underwood but with some fun. Like blue mascara or eyeliner". I explained my Alice in Wonderland theme, and the artist just rolled with it. I'm so happy with the results, it was just perfect!


Check it out (these pics are from the end of the day, I'm already in my pjs):



On my eyes she used All that Glitters, Woodwinked (both I already own and love), Soba and I don't remember the one in the crease, sorry ladies! I bought the Soba right away, it's a soft golden tan with some shimmer. For the blue lashes tips the artist used Liquidlast Liner in Aqualine to paint the lashes. It was so much fun and a few people stopped dead to watch her do it and complimented her mad skills while I was getting it done. These pictures, really don't do it justice, the whole look was so pretty in person.

I'll be doing a review on the lips soon because I bought that too, you all know how much I love make-up. I've been sporting the three shadows above and love how they look together! It's such a soft combination and a deep chocolate looks great in the crease for a more dramatic look. It's very Carrie Underwood-ish I feel and received several compliments from co-workers about my eyes.

Here's the colors together doing it on my own for work, All That Glitters on my whole lid, Woodwinked on the top and crease of my lid, and Soba blended into the crease. It's very soft and pefect for daytie.:


Have you ladies tried any of these products before? What about colored mascara? I have had some glitter liner before and brushed it over my lashes for some pizzazz, but the colored lashes on just the ends I think are so cool. It's so different, but I didn't feel weird or aware even that I had aqua lashes.

16 comments :

Unknown said...

Your makeup looks amazing. I am thinking of going to buy me some Mac makeup.. Any tips of what is best?

xo

samantha

Young and Fabulous said...

gorgeous!! I love the touch of blue! and I am so jealous of your eyelashes..they are so long!

good choice in going with MAC they do amaaazing makeup

Jenna E said...

pretty!!! I am awful at makeup I will for sure be getting some help!

Anonymous said...

Obsessed with your eyes!! Sooo gorg

Rissy said...

wow huge fan of that mascara! and I agree with Danielle.. obsessed with your eyes.

CarissaExplainsItAll

Anonymous said...

gorgeous! your eyes look amazing and HUGE!

i love colored mascara actually! but i never thought to just apply it to a few lashes...which is perfect because it can overwhelm with color if you put it on all (which is the problem i have).

I have some from Make Up Store (i got it in sweden) that i love! it is a teal color with a nice brush.

hope you're having a great week!!!

<3 megan

Sweet Simplicity said...

It's so pretty! You have gorgeous eyes!

Coley said...

Love it!!

Unknown said...

Awww I love it! I went to MAC and had them show me how to do it, then did my own on my day and was so happy with it all:-)

Cute cute!!!

Speaking of weddings: wedding giveaway come chk out!

Vanessa said...

Your makeup was so pretty and fun, great job :-)

REBrown said...

I love love love this! It's so fun.

JMB said...

I LOVE your eyes!! The makeup artist did amazing work on your makeup! I def will be writing that color down (the shimmer) You always have such amazing makeup tips, I LOVE it!! ANd I am going to try the Maybelline Fit that your recommended to me a few weeks ago. Have you ever tried their foundatin? What foundation do you use?

Kotryna said...

Your eyes are soo beautiful;)

Jules said...

I love getting my makeup done at MAC. The ladies always do a fantastic job. They did a smokey eye on me last spring like no other.

Your makeup still looks great, even at the end of the day. I love the eyeshadow!

I have Woodwinked and All That Glitters too. I’ll have to swatch Soba next time I go to the MAC counter.

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

Love it! I bet the blue looked perfect with your white dress and your whole Alice theme.

Hot Pink Combat Boots said...

Wow - I am so buying me some soba this week. I love MAC makeup - it stays on all day.

The green colored tips look great on you. I wear blue to enchance my blue eyes - and I always get compliments. But then again I'm using Latisse so my lashes are freakishly long. Hmmm, maybe its not the blue mascara after all.

You have jumbo lashes naturally (lucky) so anything you did to them would look great. I heard burgundy/copper is also a cool trick for the tips as well. Happy Friday!