Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wedding Post: Guest Sign-Ins

With the high of being married, the glasses of celebratory champagne, and dancng away the night to your favorite songs, how will you remember every guest who came? Duh, with a guest book!

Out is the 80s plain white guest book and in with the new creative sign-ins that you can keep forever! Weddings have really come so far, honestly they have. Now newlyweds can have the guestbooks be something they can keep forever, on their coffee table, hanging on their walls, or as a decor on a shelf.

Here's some of the things I've seen before and found on the web. Per usual, what I'm doing isn't included- you'll have to wait and see! The Fiance and I just have to find the right items. Granted, some of these ideas are similar to the Conversation Starters Post a few weeks back, but I still wanted to include them. Don't forget, little things like colored pens can make a huge difference with your guest book and can color-coordinate with your theme.


The Wedding Tree is one of my favorites! It would look so cute hanging in your home to!

Another one of my favorites, a guest book filled with pictures of the couple.
Another way to get more use out of your engagement photos!
Image via Paige and Blake Green Photography

 
This couple had people sign seashells! How creative and totally kept up with their beach wedding.
 
Guest book quilt- people can sign pieces of paper with their names, a drawing, or advice to later be sewn together into a blanket.
I like the idea of having the blanket made first and having people then sign it. That way, you know it will be put together because it already is!

 
Give a Wish, Take a Wish- Another one of my favorites!
 
Literally, a wedding guest tree!

Platter to keep in your kitchen

Guest book frame- this one isn't a new idea, but definitely a favorite!



Old-fashioned Typwriter- I'm seeing this everywhere on wedding blogs


Guest Calendar- Creative and useful! Me likey!

When thinking about your guest book, you may not care and just want something simple, but this is also an opportunity to be creative and have a book that fits your theme or to have for later as a keepsake.

One thing you may want to think about, is people's signatures or notes. Some people who have too much to drink or soberly just has poor ettiquette may write their name gigantically or write "funny" wedding advice that you may not want to display. I know this has been kind of an issue for brides I know, so it's definitely something you may want to keep in mind when choosing a keepsake as a guest book.

What ideas have you seen? Any great ideas you want to share? Any advice?

14 comments :

KatiePerk said...

I love the thumbprint tree. I think that would be cute for a baby shower too. I have signed a lot of coffee table books! Which is nice because it can be displayed all the time too.

LB said...

Oh i love the calendar, that's a great idea!

Amanda said...

I love them all! Realy love the calendar idea! Wish I would have known about that one!!

Rissy said...

I don't even have a bf yet but knowing my tastes, I imagine all future hubs friends will be the types to think they are "soo funny" and sign their names crazy or big.

Can you have a sign in proctor?!

I'm sure you chose something amazing. I am getting pretty psyched for your wedding lol

O and you have also made me realize, I will be taking off work when I'm engaged because this ish seems like a full time job!

CarissaExplainsItAll

Sarah said...

i love the thumbprint tree..sooo cute and creative!

Nado Queenie said...

You are so right when it comes to guest books, I wanted to just do something simple, but I wish I would have done something creative like this! The Typewriter is way cool but the Thumbprint is my favorite! I think I might make a family tree out of something like that :)

Mrs Gable said...

My favorites are the thumb print tree and the quilt. Those would have been great for my wedding. We did the picture frame.

Kristin said...

GREAT ideas!!! :) I think I'm going to make a guest book with engagement pictures on shutterfly. I don't love the idea of a book, but I want to make use of the engagement pictures. I may have to look for some more ideas.

Ashley said...

these are soooo cute. i LOVE the thumbprints ahh! For our wedding, we had huge scrapbook pages made that people signed...

Lyndsy said...

Love the birthday calendar one! So smart!

Anonymous said...

I love the calendar idea! Kristin and I have been talking all morning about how I could include that in my wedding! :)

REBrown said...

We did the quilt idea for our sign in. The quilt squares matched the colors of our wedding (Navy and light yellow). All you really need is fabric and fabric pens!

Annie @ Originate and Renovate said...

love the ThumbPrint and the old typewriter

Marian said...

Love all these ideas...we actually did the Wedding Tree and actually have it hanging in our house now:)