Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Recent Purchases

I've been trying REALLY hard not to buy a lot, but I've needed to update some pieces in my wardrobe and get some items I know I'll get a lot of use out of this year. 

 
Women's Faux-Leather T-Strap Sandals in Turquoise $19.50

I did a post last week about this sandal in Leopard (check it out here), but my leopard sandals are in great condition (going on 3 years woop woop!) and I thought this color would be a perfect pop of color. It was really difficult deciding between the Yellow or Turquoise, but I wear a turquoise necklace all the time so I thought it would be a great addition to my closet. I own a few pair of Old Navy sandals, and they're really comfortable, true to size, and last for more than a few seasons.

Maya Twist Bandeau in Classic Leopard
I bought the above top only and thought it would be great to mix and match with pieces I already own. How cute will it look with solid black, pink, yellow and blue bottoms? That's like four swimsuits with just one additional piece. However, this top did not give me enough support for my ta-tas and I'm going to return it. I think it would be best for women with a smaller chest.

Heart Bikini in White

This new swimsuit I got with my bach party and honeymoon in mind. I love the heart ring accents and think it's so cute and kind of romantic. I was a little bit worried on how the top will fit, I don't want it squishing down my boobs like some bandeau-style tops can so I figure I'll keep the bottoms regardless and wear it with a solid white top. I don't mean that all bandeau styles squish your goodies, I have a few pair that are great, but some of the ones I own and have tried on don't do much in the support region. Fortunately, this top provides enough coverage and support and I'm keeping it!

I can't wait to try them on after a spray-tan when I look 10lbs skinnier. Usually I buy swimsuits pretty early in the season, and my bach party is next month so I wanted time to order them in case I need to return or exchange anything. My best advice if you're ordering suits online is to buy them in two sizes so you only need to return and not wait for an exchange. I ordered both tops in a M and then the white bottoms in both a S and a M because I'm usually on the border between the sizes in Victoria Secret swimwear.

 
Ali and Kris Ruffled dress from Nordstrom
Check out my OOTD here with it.

I couldn't find this dress anywhere online, but it's finally availabable online at Nordstrom, but only in Fiery Purple and Black. Mine is a bright kelly green color, the lighting in this pic is pretty poor. I almost went with the lavender color though, it's so pretty. I bought a Large because the straps aren't adjustable and was cutting a little bit into my arms. There wasn't much difference in width luckily and it was even a tad bit longer which  loved.

HIP Draped Tops from Nordstrom
Check out the blue one in this OOTD

Again, I still can't find them online, but I love these tees! They're really comfortable and hang just right. They'll also be perfect tucked into a skirt. I bought both in a Small.


Sephora Blush Me! Trio in Abricot 11

This blush is really sheer and gives just a touch of color. The three colors add depth and highlight together and it looks great over my MAC Pink Swoon blush (see review here) and alone.  It's going to look awesome in the summer when I'm all tan and don't need much makeup. I did have to use a blush brush with shorter strands (see similar one here) to get a better application.



Baked Moonshadow Trio in Sunbaked 02

I know I have enough shadows to last me the rest of my life (Don't believe me? See this post), but after seeing JLo's glittery eyes on American Idol I had to find something similar. The middle shade in Sunbaked is the most gorgeous glittery shade and the other two colors are perfect compliments. I'll have to do a review soon to let you ladies see the gorgeousness.

 
Twist of Line Slate Blue Skirt from Lulus

I got this skirt in a M from Lulus  and LOVE it! It's so cute and I've thought of so many ways to wear it already. It's a really soft cotton, but the back is only one layer of fabric and a bit sheer so I'll HAVE to wear a slip with it. I usually wear a slip with most skirts/dresses, but this one is a must. The skirt is pretty stretchy so you can wear longer/shorter or higher up on your waist or your hips which I love because I have a short waist and skirts aren't always flattering on me depending on where they fit my waist.


 
OPI Lites to Darks Minis

The left two pinks are so cute and are what really sold me on the set. I can't wait to try them asap and I know Lincoln Park After Dark is a huge hit as well in the blog world.

The only thing I wanted to buy and didn't was the Sephora by OPI Glee (from this post) because I wasn't as impressed in person as I was online. There were two colors from the set that I really wanted, but Sephora didn't have them solo. Maybe next time!

What have you ladies been buying or eyeing? Do you have any of the above items? How did they work for you?

22 comments :

Anonymous said...

i've been wanting that skirt in an array of colors for ages. i can't wait to see an OOTD with it. great purchases :)

According to Jax said...

I wish I was skinny enough to pull off that leopard bikini! Soooo hot! :)

JMB said...

I have been eyeing that leopard bikini top as well!! I love to buy VIC's mix and match swim suits! WHOOOOOHOOO for your bachelorette party coming up so soon!! I NEED that OPI set!!!

Harrriiiet said...

Im obsessed with skirts and that Twist of Line Slate Blue Skirt from Lulus is beautiful!
I want I want ^_^
x

Anya Rudn said...

Love all your purchases!!
In love with that white bikini bottom with hearts! So cute!
I have same issue with those types of tops they just dont look right with my boobs.

Anonymous said...

i love the sandals...especially the color. sometimes a bright color like that can be more versatile than a brown or black i feel!

i also love the tops from nordstrom! totally encouraged to now go spend more money ;-)

<3 megan
http://www.suitcaseandstilettos.com

Jules said...

The turquoise sandals are so cute and would go great with a turquoise necklace! You have to love Old Navy for deals.

The Heart Bikini is adorable and will be perfect for the bachelorette party and honeymoon. Great choice! I agree that buying a suit in two sizes is always a good idea. They can be very tricky to buy online.

Those draped tops are cute and so versatile.

Please do a review on that shadow. The colors look pretty! I need to find that OPI set.

Anonymous said...

Girl I've been dying for that skirt! I may have to scoop it up!

Rissy said...

I adore mixing bikini tops and bottoms and I think your ideas for the leopard one are spot on.

Have you ever seen the bobbi brown shimmer bricks? that's what the first sephora thing you posted reminded me of.

I personally think your purchases have been quite justified ; )


CarissaExplainsItAll

Anna Walker said...

I will start to be getting some dresses soon! I live in them during the summer! :)
And of course, some shoes like wedges and such!
The heart bikini is sooo freaking cute though! :)

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Kristen said...

Reed- I'm waiting for the weather and that skirt will be on and an OOTD done!

JMB- I'm so sad the leopard top didn't work out, i'm still going to look around for something similar.

Anya- Right? I hate that about bandeau tops.

Megan- I agree, sometimes a colored item like shoes can be worn so much more often!

Jules- WIll do!

Danielle- Get it now! Lulus sells out so fast

Rissy- I've never bought it, but i'll check it out. Thanks!

this free bird said...

that twisted skirt and the shoes up top - you should totally get them!! i love the bandeau, but i don't have enough to hold it up. i do love the leopard print though!! so many great choices you could incorporate and use throughout spring and summer!

xo,
carrie

Anonymous said...

heyyyy girl! im commenting here because i think you'll see it quicker than if i respond on my page!

i actually didnt give that gloss much credit for its staying power to be honest...i was quite impressed with it! i would not suggest the color i got though because as it fades, it didnt leave the prettiest color on my lips, but i would LOVE to try one of the reds! i think it would like like a nicer "stain" as it fades! i think you should try it...i mean, if it was 50 dollars, id say probably not, but its only 7 ;-)

please let me know if you do!!! <3

and i sooo cant wait to read your MAC post about the longwear!!

xoxo,
Megan

Danielle Moss said...

Love it all, especially the leopard bikini. So cute. J Crew has a polka dot bikini that I am in love with. I want it in navy. So cute!

Nado Queenie said...

those t-strap sandals are awesome especially for the price & that navy skirt is killer...BTW Lincoln Park after dark is one of my all time fav Polish ;)

Anonymous said...

leopard bikini is so yummy!
luv it

Anonymous said...

Got that bikini last year in purple (the strapless one) and I love it. I have a decent size chest and it's the only strapless I've found that didn't make me look ridiculous, surprisingly.

You're going to make me go to Sephora now, I want all that stuff!

And I'm def buying those nail polishes. Ulta didn't have them last week so I'll check Sephora.

Thanks!

Kerr said...

fun stuff! I have a VS giftcard to use from Xmas but I am trying to wait until closer to bikini season in hopes I might be a wee bit skinnier.

Rach said...

I love everything in this post! I've been itching to update my wardrobe for summer, especially shorts, sundresses, and sandals. So glad we live in CA where we can pretty much wear that stuff year round!

LagunaBeachLove10 said...

Ali & Kris Ruffled Dress did they have it in pink? where did you get your green one?

Kristen said...

Laguna-I bought the dress in store at Nordstrom's and I only saw it in green, black and lavendar

LagunaBeachLove10 said...

thanks