Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Product Review: MAC Paint Pot

 
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study from here for $16.50

In one of my Recent Purchase posts, I bought the above MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study  (check out the post here) and have used it quite often.

From the MAC website, it's described as " A highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. Long-wearing, colourfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners."

Here it is alone:

I wear it this way quite often, especially for work when I just want a simple, pulled-together look for the day. It goes on really well, pretty sheer and gives a great shimmer wash of color. The color is a fairly sheer shimmery champagne color. I was worried that because it's cream-based it would crease, but I haven't experienced that which is a huge plus. Although I haven't experienced any creasing, the color does fade by the end of my 10 hr work day.

Here it is under powder eyeshadow:

I did find that the paint pot helped my shadow to last longer, but not as long as when I use a regular eyeshadow primer. Somewhere in the middle of 8-12 hours (primer is nearly days) I would say. This particular shade gives a lot of shimmer and will make a matte color shimmery as well. I don't mind that so much, I'm now considered "mid-twenties" and want to make the most of my remaining years worth it in the shimmery department. I really like using it as a brow and inner eye corner highlighter when using it with other eyeshadows, it's the perfect color for it.

Overall, I really like the product, but I wouldn't say it's a must-have. I get a lot of work out of it, but I also make a conscious effort to use it often. This I feel is somethig that you either use everyday or never, very black and white kind of a relationship. In other words, if I hadn't bought it I don't think I would be missing out on anything special.

Have you used MAC Paint Pots? Do you think they're worth the purchase?

12 comments :

Tiffany said...

Never used it...in the process of buying all new make-up.. So now I know not to buy this! =)
I love the look on the 2nd photo...gorgeous!

Amber's Notebook said...

WOW that looks amazing! I wish I ould do makeup like that, but thank you for your review!

Amber's Notebook

Hikari said...

Do you have a foundation that you recommend? I have been using mineral powder foundation for the last three years and am thinking about changing back to liquid. Your latest reviews have been inspiring me to change my makeup.

Anonymous said...

looks fab!

Rissy said...

hahah you are too funny. Make the most of your 20s with sparkle!

Rissy said...

hahah you are too funny. Make the most of your 20s with sparkle!

ladylulu said...

I had to comment on this post :) (I quietly follow your blg ;o)...) I always use this product, it's my favorite, and my absolutely must have. -I use it every day! :D

Lindsey said...

I have not used this MAC product, but I love MAC!! I need to try this! Thanks for sharing!!

Coley said...

I love MAC's eye paint....haven't tried the paint pots yet.

Mindi said...

try Buxom stay there eye shadow.. same idea but more colors and cute dog names too :)

star said...

I've never bought any for myself, but I have bought some for my sister, who loves MAC. She seems to think they are worth it! I just found your blog, and I love it! Can't wait to read more!

Lyndsy said...

I love that eyeshadow color! What is it may I ask?