Monday, February 21, 2011

Double Date to the Movies

The Fiance and I doubled with my cousin S and his girlfriend E to the Gold Class Cinemas to see No Strings Attached. Have you ever heard of the theatre? There's not many of them, only in CA, IL, TX, WA, AZ, and WI. If you have one near you, RUN over there for a night out!!

It's the BEST movie experience I've ever had. The tickets are a little expensive, $22/person (a regular movie ticket in CA is $11), but it's worth the price for a great movie experience. First, you buy your ticket set up an account for your expenses, then you go down two flights (absolutely no phone service the low) to a cool lounge. The lounge is set up like a club, small sections of seating with a waitstaff and fully bar. Their menu is filled with drinks from Stella Artois to Mojitos and their food ranges from Spinach, Artichoke, and Gruyere Croquettes (amazing btw!) to Filet Mignon Trio. The food is delicious and we loved everything we ordered. On Tuesdays, they do have specials for club members (just sign up online beforehand here) to receive 50% off drinks and food.

The theatre is pretty small, seats maybe 20 people and each person has their own reclining chair. Your seated as doubles (your seats are pre-selected when you buy your ticket), with a table for your drinks/food with a call button for service, your arm rest opens to store any jackets, purses or even shoes, and your chair reclines to almost a completely lying down position and is suuuuuuper comfortable.

Our experience there was phenomenal. The waitstaff is really friendly, the ambiance is very nice. The lights are dimmed in the lounge, soft music is playing, and the staff comes around to tables when the movie is close to starting to usher you in. We all had such a great time, I can't wait for the next time we go.

Oh and if you haven't seen it yet, No Strings Attached is HILARIOUS!! I'll be adding it to my movie collection the day it comes out. It's not cheesy, which I was afraid of since Ashton Kutcher is in it, and I was worried that they would go too extreme with the rold reversal of being commitment-phobe, but it was dead on and reminded me of my girlfriends and I in college.


Yes, I took off my shoes! Almost the entire theatre did (I checked before I took mine off) so I wasn't embarassed and the staff their strongly encouraged it even.

Check out a video tour of the theatre here. Have you been to a theatre like this before? I understand they're all over the US, but different companies of them. I loved the whole idea and experience of it, it put a new twist on the "dinner and a movie" stereotype.

Before the movie we visited S's brother N at the gelatto shop (which is conveniently across the way from the movie theatre) to try it out. I had the Creme Brulee, which was delicious, but tried nearly all of them. They have a Champagne Sorbet one I tried and it was bomb. They make it with real champagne and you can even taste it! Mmmmmmmmmm my mouth is watering now.

 

7 comments :

LB said...

That sounds like so much fun!! The closest thing we have to that in OK is a balcony with recliner type chairs and they serve food and liquor up there but yours sounds SO much better. Jealous!

Sarah said...

wow! that place looks awesome!! i dont think there is a movie theatre like that here in NC..there is one where you can eat dinner while you watch a movie, which is kinda cool!

Taylor said...

That sounds DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rissy said...

wow and to think, if I lived any of those places, my friends and I wouldn't be contemplating how to smuggle a bottle of Captain Morgan into the Justin Bieber movie on Friday.... no we won't be sharing with the kiddies...

I need to move to Scottsdale like right now and this is just another reason why... although I guess most people wouldn't see it as a "valid" reason. psshh

oh and that gelato looks yummy... and you and the fiance look adorable!

CarissaExplainsItAll

Vanessa said...

Ohh, that sounds amazing :-). Love that top on you!

Kerr said...

that looks like a great place to see a movie!

Nado Queenie said...

I've been dying to go to cinema like this, glad you guys had fun :)