Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Recent Purchases

I'd like to start this post by letting everyone know NOT TO TELL THE FIANCE. I only have less than 175 days left to shop til my heart's content before we move to joint accounts and I'd like to enjoy them. After May 7, 2011 I'll be wearing only what I have bought previously as a Miss instead of a Mrs.

With the cold days approaching, I wanted to add a few items to my wardrobe that I can wear for both fun and for work. By all means, I don't need a lot, but some of my items need replacing or things that I borrow from my sister need to be added to my own closet since she's moved out of our home.

The items that have a number following them are from Forever 21 and since the links don't always take you back to the particular item, I wanted you to have the product code just in case.


Faceted Bead Necklace (1082159981)
I love this gold and black necklace! This is to replace an item I borrow from my sister. She and I have both been on a search to find something similar to her own necklace and I finally found it!

Multi-Chain Rock Necklace(1084380587)
This is another piece to replace a necklace I borrow from my sister. Her piece is much nicer than this and I'm hoping to somehow smuggle it from her or buy it off of her, but I needed my own JIC those plans backfire.


Buffalo Check Snap Woven (2079020637)
I love love love this shirt! I can't wait to wear it with jeans, my liquid leggings, tucked into a skirt, and layer with scarves and jacket. It's so versatile and fits perfectly- loose, but hangs just right. I bought it in a medium.


Floral Shift Dress (2084200245)
This dress is completely out of my comfort zone because I never (rarely) wear or buy prints. IDK why, I always like it on other people and wonder to myself why I never find items like that and instantly love them. This dress looks great with tights and boots and by itself with sandals so it's works for year round. The long sleeves also makes it appropriate for work without having to wear a sweater. I bought a medium.

Juniors Henley Thermal Pajama Top - Polar Bear Print
Juniors Flannel Trees Pajama Pant - White
The holiday season isn't complete without pjs! I found these at Target and bought the thermal matching bottoms, but couldn't find them online. The above bottoms are flannel, but have the same print. I bought both top and bottom in a medium.

Buying Fails:

Faux Fur Cropped Vest (2082117024)
Fur is a huge trend this season and I've seen it everywhere and it every store. I was pretty stoked for this item but I'll be taking it back. The quality is great, the fur is really soft and a great color, but it's just too short on me. It would be perfect if it was an inch or more longer, but it hits me right at the waist and only draws more attention to my middle area instead of elongating it. This vest may work for someone else though who is shorter than I (I'm 5'8") or has rockhard abs. Whichever works for you.

Rib Trimmed Pajama Pants (2081434743)
These pants are so comfortable and I almost want to keep them, but I bought them wanting some lounge pants I could where at home or out wearing a quick errand. They're just too pajama-ish and the crotch area hangs down by my knees.

Lamé Contrast Dress (2083132512)
This dress is only a fail because I thought it was in my shopping bag and it wasn't! I can't believe I missed it! I've had my eye on it for a while and thought it would be perfect for the holidays. Such a bummer and I'm hoping I can find it in stores when I return the above two items.

So ladies, what have you bought recently? Do you have any suggestions or things you bought that I must have? Have you bought any of these items yourself? How did they work for you?

9 comments :

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that floral shift dress

Lyndsy said...

Love the Lame Contrast Dress! So perfect for the holidays! I haven't been shopping much at all but recently purchased an animal print scarf from H&M that I am loving. I also need to pick up some PJ bottoms for X-Mas.

Good thing I have my groupons from American Apparel and Nordies Rack to use! Yippee!

Kerr said...

I love the Lame dress. What a bummer you missed it! I hope you find it in the store. It would be great for holiday parties.

-Sam I Am- said...

girlfriend i'm coming raid yo closet!!!!! watch out :)

I LOVE all the new goods! i'm sure you'll look lovely in them as well!

Kristen said...

Thank you so much ladies! I'm really hoping I can find the lame dress in the store, crossing my fingers!

Happy holidays!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I love every single one of the things you purchased. Such a bummer that the fur vest didn't work out and that the pj's were too pj-ish :(

Michaela said...

Those thermal PJ's are great! And loving that skirt, too!

Leah said...

oh I love this last dress!!! You would not believe it but I haven't bought any clothing item for three months!!! I am desperate and these are really tempting me!

Luvs!

Oh, My Darling said...

Wow, what a delightful shopping spree!