Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Celeb Inspiration: Olivia Palermo


I've never watched "The City", but I do watch Olivia Palermo's fashion choices. She is the epitome for chic, preppy, feminine and classy. Her style choices remind me very much of my favorite show "Gossip Girl". Olivia is a trendsetter with her fabulous fashion sense, a total style queen. Let's take a look at her personal style.

Flirty Skirts: What's more feminine than a skirt? Olivia brings the skirt out in full force, great shoes, structured bag and a flirty top. A skirt is so easy to wear and is suitable for tons of occasions; parties, work, fashion week, etc. It's also a snap to accessorize with belts, jackets, and tights.



Cardigans and Jackets: Miss Palermo shows us the perfect way to use a jacket or cardigan to change the feel of an outfit. Need to dress up your look? Add a blazer or detailed cardigan. Need to make the outfit more casual? Use a long cardigan and a belt for a day time look.


Feminine Details: Again, Olivia has to be one of the most feminine dressers in the US. She's never overly done, but always carries an understated air of womanly sophistication. Want an elegant touch to your clothing? Look no further than some girly details to solve your problem. Florals, lace, and bow will add a ladylike touch to any outfit!


Fun with Fashion: No style icon is without fearlessness in fashion choice. Mixing prints, textures, or going for major drama, Olivia has it nailed.


What do you think of Olivia's style? Do you like it? What's your favorite look of hers?

Any suggestions for future Celeb Inspirations?

10 comments :

Ashley J said...

I think she is amazing and always looks fabulous! Some of these pics I have seen before but many you posted I have not so thanks for sharing!! I am off to copy Olivia's style...

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

she is my ultimate fashion icon. I love how she mizes zara with a birkin. I honestly wonder if its editing on the show bc its mtv(well, partial editing)

one of my new years resolutions is to have a singature style a la olivia..so really its copy hers lol

Anonymous said...

i must agree with Caroline. but i can't help but love her...shoes and hair. and clothes. and bags. and skinny mini-ness.

sugar said...

She is my absolute favorite! Everything she wears looks fabulous even if its not before she puts it on. I love the little twist of preppy. I have tried to be a cool dresser and can never lose my preppy edge, I've just decided to go with it. I'm not the "cool" girl. She makes me glad that look works for me.

Audrey♥ said...

wow! She has amazing style! I love the black dress!
x

Jessica said...

Just have to say I love your celeb inspirations! I don't usually have anything to add, but I enjoy reading them all and find myself thinking of something you said when I get dressed in the morning. So thanks!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

I never knew who this girl was, but I've been seeing her everywhere lately! Her style is awesome! I absolutely love the way she dresses.

Jessica said...

She is my FAVORITE #1 style icon. Love her style so effing much lol! I also consider her my hairstyle icon as well, although I prefer when it was longer not the shorter do she has now (tho she still looks gorgeous). Seriously I have tried to copy so many of her looks. I love everything she wears.

P.S. I have heard its rumored that Blair Waldorf's character is mirrored after Olivia. I can totally see it, can't you?

Nado Queenie said...

I love her style, but can't stand her character on the show!
xoxo

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I love all these looks!