Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Yay or Nay? Feather Earring


Lucy Hale's character Aria Montgomery wore this little gem in Pretty Little Liars (seriously LOVE this show!) and I just loved the look. Of course it worked for her though, 1) it's a TV show and 2) she's younger than I so it's a totally great trend she could rock. I knew it would be a popular look, heard buzz about the earring in different blogs and whatnot, but Jessica Szohr has been wearing it a few times! In real life too and not as Vanessa Abrams on Gossip Girl.

I think this look is so boho, edgy, and a bit rocker glam. It's such a cute look, but I doubt I could wear this into my office without everyone saying something. Haters gonna hate though right? If only I was either still in high school or college or was younger! So would you wear this look?

I found some similar looks at different price points that would be good to test the waters.
Speckled Feather Earrings $5.80 (ProductCode: 1081082960) from Forever 21

If you're extra daring try these Black Peacock Feather Earring by Box 185 for $38 from eDressMe

10 comments :

Heather said...

I love PLL too! Aria is so pretty! Was she famous for something else before this show? I have some peacock feather earrings that I love but they're feathers painted on so its trendy w/o looking like I want to be 15 :) Who knew 24 would feel too old for a trend?!
Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

Jessica said...

They aren't my cup of tea but I think they could be cute if you wore them out at night or on weekends. I haven't seen Pretty Little Liars (I want to tho!) but I used to watch Priveleged on the CW and she was in that show, which I loved.

Lyndsy said...

I also LOVE PLL! So good and that Lucy Hale just couldn't be any cuter! I loved the earrings on her but I just don't think it is a look I could rock unless I was in Vegas or something fancy like that.

Taylor said...

I think they are sooo fun, but as most fashion- when done in moderation they would be super cute!!! I actually just one a pair! Will post and u tell me! :)

J. said...

Yay yay yay! I love the ones you picked!

Ife' said...

definite YAY!!!! love the look of feather earrings, especially wearing just one!

xoxo,
Eboni Ife'

Leah said...

Not so much! But if you can pull it off, go for it!

Luvs!

Lived With Love said...

i love them!

Kerr said...

I don't think I would rock the huge feathers but I have a pair of smaller ones that I love and wear quite often.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a huge fan of feather anything. It may be because I am deathly afraid of birds!