Monday, August 9, 2010

Wedding Dress Shopping

I had such a WONDERFUL weekend shopping with my family and friend for a dress. We met in the morning for croissants, fruit and mimosas and then headed out to find the perfect dress. At the first store, I gave the consultant an idea of what I was looking for and he pulled several dresses for me to try on. I tried on a few -even one that looked more like a negligee than a dress- and then among the pile I found it. I found a dress that looked stunning on me, made me feel beautiful and bridal. It's so romantic! It's funny too, because it's not anything like what I was looking for in this post and I almost didn't even try it on! Aaaand that morning I was even saying how I didn't believe that there's just one dress for each girl and that I could be happy in several different dresses, just depending on what style I wanted to wear. I'd love to show you a picture, but my Fiance reads my blog and I don't want him to have any extra hints besides this detail: it's long. Sorry to hold out on you guys, but you'll just have to wait with my Fiance for the big day for the reveal.

After the first store, we went to lunch, and then to a second store where we were lucky enough to find bridesmaid dresses too! Woohoo! Not all of my bridesmaid were with me and I haven't formally asked everyone yet either, but I think what we found will look and feel great on everyone.


My Sister and Maid of Honor

My Sister and soon to be Sister in Laws

My soon to be Mother in Law and my Mother

My sorority sister A, my Sister, sweet Baby R, my soon to be Sister in Laws

All the ladies

I just want to say a big Thank You again to everyone who came and all my friends and family for their support. This was such an amazing day that I will always remember and cherish.

18 comments :

Kristie said...

Hooray! When you put on THE dress you just know. :) I can't wait to see it- but I'm glad you're waiting. I think it will be more fun to see it on you. I'm so happy for you- you look radiant.

Audrey♥ said...

Can't wait to see the dress! Great pictures - your family look lovely.
x
www.abeautyaddictsbible.blogspot.com

KP said...

Congrats on finding THE dress!! That's so exciting! :-)

Kerr said...

How exciting! Congrats! Looks like a fun brunch!

Brittany said...

What great lookin group of girls! :)

So happy you had a nice day and found your dress! EEEE! Did you do the excited girly squeel?

:)

Anonymous said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! Sooo exciting! If you feel like e-mailing me a pic of your dress, I won't be mad :o)

Looks like you ladies had a great morning and I don't think you and your sister could be any cuter!

Leah said...

So excited for you! I just know it is gorgeous, you have such incredible taste!

Luvs!

Jessica said...

How fun, so glad you had a good time! So exciting!

Kristen said...

Kristie- Thank you so much! I can't wait for the wedding, I want it to be here (and planned) already!

Audrey, KP, Kerr- Thank you so much!

Brittany- Yes, I did the girly squeel and jump! Lol

Kristin- I'll definitely send you a picture this week!

Leah- Thank you so much, you're so sweet!

Jessica- Thanks Jess, miss you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding 'the dress'!! I can't wait to go wedding dress shopping. . . gotta find me a boy first though! lol

And um, hello can I have your hair?! It is gorgeous!! xx

Day Old News said...

Eeek!! I am so excited for you! And your hair always looks perfect! I'm jealous, mine is in a top knot 90% of the time.

Amanda said...

Can't wait to see it!!!

Unknown said...

I think it's so cute that you guys had mimosas in the morning! i wish i thought of that! but yes, once you put THE dress on, you know it's yours! Can't wait to see it!

Jessica said...

YAAAAAY!! I'm so excited and happy for you!! I love how you turned it into a whole special day :)

J. said...

Sounds like an awesome day! Can't wait to see the dress!

Anonymous said...

i want that little munchkin in the tutu. and your hair. no joke it is BANANAS.

Nado Queenie said...

Baby R look Fabulous & dressed for the occasion to the T! So happy you found your dress & the bridesmaids dresses too!!!!
Question...When you finally tie the knot will you still be Miss K or will you change it to Mrs K? LOL

marrydresses said...

You are beautiful,The baby is so lovely!