Thursday, August 19, 2010

These Are My Confessions

Hi my name is Kristen and I'm a makeup-aholic. I'll be attending every Wednesday meeting from here on out. LOL. Remember that post about my MAC and Maybelline reviews where I promised to post about all the make-up I own? Well I took the pictures and realized that I have a problem. I just can't help it though! I see something pretty and shimmery and I believe that it calls my name. When I do try and pass up buying it, I just dream about owning it. Literally dream about it. As in, during my R.E.M. cycle, I dream up all the looks I can create with whatever new product I've found and how it will instantly somehow better my life.


So here are my confessions:

My everyday make-up bag, these are the products I use most often. Sometimes my shadows will be swapped or if I'm trying something new, the product goes in my bag.

Here's make-up that I keep in a large bag that I carry with me often when I travel. It's all of my second most used products or my refills for products I use that I may run out of or products waiting to be used for a review.

Extras that are hanging out in my bathroom drawer because they're used more often than my travel bag of make-up, but less than my current everyday make-up bag. Some of them are just randoms that are found floating around in there because they don't have a home.


Here's the make-up I keep in a small bag in my car for emergencies since I don't carry make-up (other than lipglosses) in my purse. Here I'll stash my almost empty compacts, lip glosses that are pretty similar to my normal everyday shades, etc.

Here are my lipglosses that have their own make-up bag because they were overflowing everything else

Here the lipglosses I carry in my purse

The make-up in a make-up case. These are mostly pallettes or items I bought for a specific occasion/outfit/season.

Last, but not least, a drawer of randoms.

Oh ya, I figured I'd throw in a picture of my nail polish collection as well.

Seriously, I'm almost embarrassed. Almost being the key word. I guess my collection does show that I'm open and willing to try everything whether it's name brand, department or drugstore buy. I'll just justify my stashes with the fact that I have a beauty oriented blog I must write for. I just HAVE to have all the latest colors and products. Right? ....RIGHT???

I'm consistently on the hunt for great products that are true to their color, last all day, easy to apply and wear, and also make me feel good wearing them. Even with buttload of products, there's still more out there that I want to buy and try like Nars Orgasm blush or Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer.

So what's your beauty confessions? Do you love to splurge on mascara? Or you a moisturizer whore? What?? Spill!

16 comments :

Jessica said...

lol..this post made me laugh! You have a very nice collection of makeup, I'm jealous! I like makeup and wear it everyday but I don't have the compulsion to buy it as much as I do clothing/shoes/purses. I do have the Nars Orgasm blush and its perfect for summer when you have a bit of a tan!

Kerr said...

These pictures crack me up! Maybe we can find a makeup/shopping rehab to attend together!
I love my nars orgasm blush and I have been wanting to try laura mercier tinted moisturizer but I am still working on finishing the kheils that I have now. If I get to it anytime soon I will make sure to tell you about it!

Jen said...

Haha what a great post! You have a very nice collection of different things! I'll join you for that weekly rehab meeting as well as my collection is getting there too! My current obsession has been lipsticks and glosses. I have enough to wear one just about every day of the year and I keep saying no more, but then I cave and end up with more lipsticks!

www.infamousbeautybyjen.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Ladies ladies ladies!! Don't be fooled, this impulse for makeup also extends to clothing as well! We should all start a meeting together!!

ps Kerr & Jessica, you've only fueled my desire for Nars Orgasm!! LOL

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOSH! You are too funny! This is without a doubt my favorite post of yours!!!! Can I borrow some lip gloss?

Cary Dale Taylor said...

I don't feel so bad about my makeup collection now, but I do want to go out and buy more. :) I see a lot of my products in your pictures. I also see some products that I want to try.

Brittany said...

I did a make up post a while back. I called myself a make up whore, because I love all different types!

The smell of MAC foundation/bronzer is so delish! (is that weird that I think that?)

I just realy love the smell of good make up!

Anonymous said...

Lol I love how you categorised your make-up (reminds me of me lol) and I'd love to rifle thru your collection! :)
I'm a make-up addict too and have just fallen in love with L'Oreal's new Studio Secrets Resurfacing Primer (makes my skin feel like velvet) and the High Definition Smoothing Foundation ... so gorgeous to use! :)
I'm a new follower - can't wait to read more of your posts. :)

Kristen said...

Kristin- Let's be honest, you could probably HAVE a lipgloss and I would never be the wiser.

Cary- Great! I'm glad I could be of some service today! LOL. What product would you like to try? I can tell you how they are!

Brittany- I totally get that! I WILL NOT use a lip gloss/foundation if it smells funky.

Gill- Welcome to LLP! Glad to have you here! I've heard great things about L'Oreal's primer, but have yet to try it. Just another thing to buy!

Lindsay said...

Ha! I am totally the same way w/ both makeup and polish! I think I would be horrified if I actually spread it all out and thought about how much money I've spent, but I just can't help it :)

Tiffany said...

I'm actually speechless and jealous! WOW...after every picture I was thinkin this must be the last one! I need to step my game up! ;)
So much fun to see though!

Lyndsy said...

Ha! You seriously put most peoples collections to shame! That is a lot of makeup and I thank you for trying them and then reviewing them! Keeps my collection from growing too large!

Admitting it is the first step, and you know what, I bet you are the go to gal for any of your friends who need anything! We thank you!

Carmen said...

Was laughing when I read this post. I think if I took pics of my collection, it would look just like this.

I am a MAC aholic. The one item I splurge on is mascara. Lancome Hypnosis all the way.

Random Musings said...

I think you are my long lost sister.. is it bad that I can glance at the mac colors and know what colors they are? And is that Covergirl eyeshadow "champagne" the only color I cheat on mac with?

shear indulgence said...

I don't feel so alone after seeing this and reading everyone's comments...the first step is admitting it. I love make up and may have a problem...but lets get real it will never go away!!

Anonymous said...

Laura Mercier is THE best! Definitely try it out