Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Product Review: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbleized Eyeshadow

After my MAC fiasco, I was inspired by finding some other products that are store bought that are equally as good as my MAC shadows. Since I had good luck with my Maybelline Color Plush Silk Eyshadow (I just bought my second set because my first one is almost completely gone!) I thought I'd try these new marbleized shadows.


I had been eyeing these new Maybelline Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbelized Eyeshadows (wow, really wish Maybelline would shorten their product names!) for a while and I had a coupon for any Maybelline eye products, I thought "Why not? Let's give it a whirl", but of course I forgot to use my coupon at the counter.
Anyhoo, I bought the color below- Bronze Blowout.


I must say that I'm really loving the color! It's easy to apply, very pigmented and is true to the color shown. The swirl shadow is pretty light and the other darker color blends well for the crease or smoky eye. It also lasts all day without fading. I've been using this a lot recently with my outfits and this would be a great shadow color to pair with the new military trends this season.

Here are some pictures of the shadow on, with the marble color on my whole lid and the bronze shade in my crease and part of my lid:


Have you tried the new marbleized shadows? What color do you have? Do you wear Maybelline shadows?

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! That's a great every day color! That looks a lot like what I do each day, but I use three different shadows to get there....I may have to grab this super long named awesome product! :o)

Amber said...

wow so pretty! It kills me that I have no idea how to apply makeup it always ends up a failure!

KP said...

That looks fantastic on you!!! I wish I could get my makeup to look like that!! Thanks for the review. :-)

Brittany said...

Your eyes look fantastic!!! :) I am going to have to check this out!

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

Loving this color!

Kristie said...

Gorgeous. I love these reviews!

Nado Queenie said...

I used to have a MAC one (it was limited edition, so they only made it that one time...boo) & loved it, but I will try this Maybelline shadow...I love their eye shadows! Thanks for the great find!

Anonymous said...

ooooh, i like that! you sold me! i'm going to go broke buying all the stuff you recommend!

Lyndsy said...

It looks so pretty on your eyes! Love! Thanks for the rec!

Heather said...

Love these reviews. I'm so proud of you for bringing a coupon but dang it! for forgetting. If you bring your receipt and your coupon back to the store they almost always will refund it...hope that helps next time. :)
XOXO,
The makeup & coupon queen ;)