Monday, August 16, 2010

I Want Your Bad Romance- Lady Gaga

Last Thursday night I went out with some of my girlfriends to see Lady Gaga. It was the BEST show I've ever seen! She is definitely worth every penny of my hard earned cash. I wish I had better pictures of her on stage, the costumes and stage were incredible. I tried to get some good shots of the screen to get a better picture for you guys.



The CRAZY opening band Semi Precious Weapons- They were so weird! The frontman is definitely a combination of Billy Idol, Ziggy Pop, and Lady Gaga. Not my cup of tea, but whatever floats your boat.



The opening for Lady Gaga! She came right out after the opening band, not like other superstars (ahem Britney Spears)  where you wait 45 minutes before their first number.



My girls with their paws out
 


Lady Gaga working the stage!



After the show, B and I in our new concert shirts
 

There were SO many people dressed up! It was so fun to see how creative some people were. I bet some of them had to have been planning for a while. Here is one of my favorite costumes I saw, but trust me, there were ALL kinds of crazy ones!


Some protestors outside, didn't know being a Gaga fan would send me to Hell. Weird:
 

Her entire show was insane- definitely the best performance I have ever seen. I would love to see her again the next time she comes into town. If she's coming to you, buy her tickets! Her show is efficient, her costume changes quick, and visually stunning. The dancers were incredible and really got the crowd pumped. She played almost all of her songs, all of the good ones anyways! She always debuted a few songs from her upcoming album and I CANNOT WAIT for it because the songs were killer.

After her show, I must say I'm an even bigger fan than I was before the concert. Not only did her entire show rock, she really connected with the audience. She is so warm and really cares about her fans. Throughout the entire night she told everyone to be free and not to be afraid to be themselves and stay true to who they were, that everyone is born rockstars. Gaga wanted everyone to leave her concert not loving her more, but loving themselves more. I thought that was so freaking cool of her.

I know there's a lot of talk and controversy around Gaga, but I just adore her. She really performs for her fans so they can feel proud to be who they are. She has said this hundreds of times in interviews and again at the show, that she was a "freak" in high school and people consistently told her she couldn't sing well enough, dance well enough, wasn't thin enough, couldn't play well enough etc. but look at where she is now. She stayed true to herself and kept pushing forward, unafraid of what others thought of her. Lady Gaga is very inspirational and I believe she will always be an icon.

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

awweeesssoooommmmeeeee! i want to see her so bad!

Brittany said...

I freaking love her! I want to see her in concert soooo bad!

Ashley J said...

So jealous you got to see her in concert!

http://www.afashionfixation.blogspot.com

Audrey♥ said...

wow you are sooo luccky! I adore Lady Gaga; absolutely obsessed. I know how good she must be in concert because of the wacky and wonderful things she does on live tv! xx

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous!!! Looks like you girls had a blast! She's coming here in a couple weeks and I am definitely going to try and scalp some tix!!!

Jessica said...

Great photos! When she comes to my area I'm definitely getting some friends together and going to the concert!!

At least I'm skinny said...

This really makes me want to see her now. I didn't buy tickets because they were so expensive and I think she might be sold out here. I'll have to try and win some tickets on the radio or something.